Wanted: non-ghosting all-metal auto tint

Guest Jmerz805

Guest Jmerz805

I don't like to sell this stuff but I have a customer that insists on it. I got some ewf all metal 20 a few months ago installed (it shrank and installed nice). The back glass had lots of ghost marks. I blue maxed the shiznt out of it so it wasn't a moisture issue. I called ewf for advice they said let it dry a few weeks. The crusty came back, the ghost in the back glass were haunting him. I re did the back glass just for reassurance. Same shiznt, ghosts on the top and bottom edges.

So.... Anyone have any input or recommendations for a good all metal film with no ghosting issues?

all about how you shrink it not the film. If it is a heavy curved window then you may have to multi-piece it to get rid of the ghosting.

If you want one of the smoothest shrinks then check out "the Ryk shrink" as it may be the answer....

one of my tinters did a rear screen on an X-Trail the other day using JWF Silhouette all metal film, those ghosts were screaming.

Easy rear screen, and Silhouette is as good as it gets, he just put way too much heat on it (in the corners of course).

Rip and redo. You've gotta be gentle and spread that heat evenly.

Guest VaTinterPMan
:bingo You have to shrink the film slower with less heat or find a different way to shrink the film man with out taking such a long time.....I have Advantage Krome 55% on my back glass with a layer or 35% Carbon....No ghost marks at all

Guest Jmerz805

Thanks for all the input. The customer is really cool about it and he's coming in next week for another shot at the ghost busting. :) (zombies...lol...the tinting dead)

one of my tinters did a rear screen on an X-Trail the other day using JWF Silhouette all metal film, those ghosts were screaming.

Easy rear screen, and Silhouette is as good as it gets, he just put way too much heat on it (in the corners of course).

Silhouette is not an all metal - it is a hybrid construction of aluminum / dyed charcoal.

Executive is their all metal series...

Silhouette is not an all metal - it is a hybrid construction of aluminum / dyed charcoal.

Executive is their all metal series...

Yep, you're right... got me on a busy day.

He still ghosted the shiznet out of it. 2nd time around , being much more careful, it was fine.

Archived