50% Tint

Guest Castello Dunhill

Guest Castello Dunhill

I live in Minnesota and the only legal tint is 50%

My car is a 2012 Honda Civic LX Sedan

Was quoted by the only tint shop in town for $--- for Llumar tint. And I was quoted by some kid who said that he would install Solarguard for $--- in his garage after work.

Are either of these good options?

Since I am only allowed 50% tint, I think it would be a good idea to ask the experts on the forum what the best overall 50% there is.

If you could only do 50% tint, what film would you use, and how would you suggest someone in my shoes goes about getting it installed?

Guest VaTinterPMan

For 50% film you want to do a Ceramic Film... Huper Optik, Formula One Pinnacle, Suntek CXP, Solar Gard Ultra Performance, Johnsons Insulator, Madico Wincos, Llumar CTX

Those are most of the best films out there...Ceramic means Signal Enabling with great TSER% ( Heat Blockage ) But very Pricey for most....Depending on who you get to apply the film....But this is your best bet for any 50% film....It will block up to 50% TSER and also get your Front Window done also in Air Blue 80%...You can't even tell its on the car and it blocks 43% tser.

Just some Info to help you out....You want to do Ceramic don't let anyone talk you out of it....If they try to end up driving to another town for a different tint shop :twocents

Guest VaTinterPMan

All of us here like certain types of films for all different types of reasons Enough Said on that one not to be mean....The only thing all of us do agree on for once is the Air 80. I myself would even like to see them make a 70 60 and even maybe a 50 % shades in that film. I think it would take off just like the air 80 has... :twocents

Guest VaTinterPMan

FYI I would suggest that you do some more research on the films....CTX 50 only has a 35% Tser and CXP 55 has a 48%...Would be much cooler. and the film meters around 53% so you would be on the safe side of being legal....

Guest JoeDirte

Be careful with the CXP. They will give you a ticket in MN for that film since it meters at 53% off the glass which means it will meter at around 46% on the glass and they will give you a ticket for that. The CTX 50 meters at 58% off the glass which will allow it to meter around 51% on the glass. Much better product as well.

Def do the Air 80

Archived