Tropical Storm/Hurricane Sandy

Guest VaTinterPMan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VaTinterPMan

(They play music and show the radar during commercial)

Not here it continues Showing of the storm. The Local on the 8's .Maybe online...But it is so serious they have all the updates up to min on there...I am switching from TWC to NBC 4....

But thanks TD. You the man!! :thumb:cool

We did a car dealership this am. Windows were 55x118. One of the dip %&$# salesmen thought it was a cool idea to swing a showroom door open to show how strong the wind was. Almost lost a 60x 120 piece of film from the " sail" effect. I really wanted to punch that ass wipe

I didnt think about all the trees y'all have up there. That type of hurricane here, like Ike, wasnt such a big deal where I live, which is about 70-80 miles from Galveston where it hit. We have few trees here, so I can only imagine a soggy ground, and high winds on tall trees could spell disaster. Do you have basements there? Id hate to think of a family sheltered up in their house and a tree (or multiple trees as they strike each other) falls on a house. Dang, and its cold outside?! Yeah, no thank you. I spent most of Ike outside smoking cigars and boozing. Good luck bro.

We did a car dealership this am. Windows were 55x118. One of the dip %&$# salesmen thought it was a cool idea to swing a showroom door open to show how strong the wind was. Almost lost a 60x 120 piece of film from the " sail" effect. I really wanted to punch that ass wipe

HA!!

Guest VaTinterPMan

:lol2 Noobs!!! The wind is gusting to 65 - 70 mph now...Things are getting a little iffy out there....Really hope we dont loose power...

Guest VaTinterPMan

I didnt think about all the trees y'all have up there. That type of hurricane here, like Ike, wasnt such a big deal where I live, which is about 70-80 miles from Galveston where it hit. We have few trees here, so I can only imagine a soggy ground, and high winds on tall trees could spell disaster. Do you have basements there? Id hate to think of a family sheltered up in their house and a tree (or multiple trees as they strike each other) falls on a house. Dang, and its cold outside?! Yeah, no thank you. I spent most of Ike outside smoking cigars and boozing. Good luck bro.

It's dangerous here....There are numerous trees on home's across Roads and what not. Not to mention one of mine that blew over....Its gusting to 65 - 70 mph now and will till about 3 - 4 AM. We have tall a$$ oak trees Pine trees and so on.....And our trees are huge...Some are 70 ft and others up to 200 ft....One of the largest trees I know of is about 250 ft Poplar tree on the country club I play....But poplar trees grow more straight up and dont branch out...Well this one does both. It is 250ft high like I said and about 175 Feet Canopy Last time I measured. That was back in 2008. It is 27 1/2 FEET around at the base!!!! It could be 30 now haven't measured with a rope since 2008...

Archived