MG ZR Rear Spoiler removal

Guest rowza

Guest Tint Technology

Thanks Rowza, I think you will find that if you have got to tint one of these dinosaurs, it can easily be done without taking the spoiler off, but for people that like taking all the panels off etc this will be very helpful :thumb

Thanks Rowza, I think you will find that if you have got to tint one of these dinosaurs, it can easily be done without taking the spoiler off, but for people that like taking all the panels off etc this will be very helpful :thumb

What way you do without taken spoiler off ? 3 I have done I had to remove spoiler lol

Guest Tint Technology

The problem I've found with removing spoilers on older cars is the captive nuts can rust and you end up stripping the threads.

The way I get round it is to lay your film on as normal but leave it long at the bottom. Using a light inside the back glass you should be able to see one of the top defroster lines, either cut along this line or trace it with a marker pencil and cut it on your board. Slide the film up just above the top dot matrix, lock down and shrink the bottom as normal. Move the film down a couple of inches, relock and shrink the top. Use the same method to wet check, clean and fit. You may need to trim on the inside but it works for me. I can probably shrink and fit in the time it takes you to take the spoiler off + no damage :thumb

Hope this helps, we've all got ways that we prefer, this is mine, might not be the best but it works. :unsure:

The problem I've found with removing spoilers on older cars is the captive nuts can rust and you end up stripping the threads.

The way I get round it is to lay your film on as normal but leave it long at the bottom. Using a light inside the back glass you should be able to see one of the top defroster lines, either cut along this line or trace it with a marker pencil and cut it on your board. Slide the film up just above the top dot matrix, lock down and shrink the bottom as normal. Move the film down a couple of inches, relock and shrink the top. Use the same method to wet check, clean and fit. You may need to trim on the inside but it works for me. I can probably shrink and fit in the time it takes you to take the spoiler off + no damage :thumb

Hope this helps, we've all got ways that we prefer, this is mine, might not be the best but it works. :unsure:

Thanks for this mate. Never thought of it that way.. I may try on my car tommorow to get a bit of practice to see how it works. Like you say everyone has there own way but this sounds logical and less hassle to be honest lol

you have to remove spoiler on this model,

have to be honest in ten years plus of tinting think I have done less than 6 of these & the last one was a good 5-6 years ago, as already stated not the most desirable of motors,

& not that many on the road then & far fewer now,

& as for removal, its blatently obvious where the bolts are, (its british after all) not a Audi lol

have to be honest in ten years plus of tinting think I have done less than 6 of these & the last one was a good 5-6 years ago, as already stated not the most desirable of motors,

& as for removal, its blatently obvious where the bolts are, (its british after all) not a Audi lol

Loads on the road mate lol ... Iv done about 6 in the last month . Im also in a Mgzr owner club so I get a lot of work from there too ( Plus theres loads round the northeast of England )

Loads on the road mate lol ... Iv done about 6 in the last month . Im also in a Mgzr owner club so I get a lot of work from there too ( Plus theres loads round the northeast of England )

lol :thumb

different ballpark when your in & out of dealers doing tint, dont get to see so many old bangers.

lol :thumb

different ballpark when your in & out of dealers doing tint, dont get to see so many old bangers.

Haha lucky you :p I only been going for few month so hopfuly I get to do that

Archived