What did you tint today?

7 hours ago, Roach said:

What is that film? 

Currently not a 3M guy.. but always interested in what's out there. :thumb

It is a Low-E film from 3M, I have met with the 3M engineer that developed the film, It is Not a knock off film, Tom has no idea what he is talking about, perhaps he can chime in and explain his uneducated response to your post.   

6 hours ago, MikeMN said:

Why would you tell him that early on......?  If you would like I can discuss the reasons why on here and other forums I am on as well with many pics of the printed film we received .Nice way to run a business Tom, Great customer service.....NOT.

Obviously you are ignorant to the fact that you are not buying film from DFD. You are buying from a different entity. I told Mike early on that we would not certify or authorize the company you work for to sell or install DFD products. Why did we do that ? Because not all business  is good business. And I just don’t want or need yours. 
 Feel free to discuss whatever you would like here or any other forum, as I said, you are not buying DFD product.

Edited by TomTint

6 hours ago, MikeMN said:

It is a Low-E film from 3M, I have met with the 3M engineer that developed the film, It is Not a knock off film, Tom has no idea what he is talking about, perhaps he can chime in and explain his uneducated response to your post.   

Let me help Mike here and maybe he will learn something. Enerlogic VEP 70 was the first ultra LowE, high VLT film on the market with Emisevity in the .07 ish area. A few years later Ecolux came along and then after another couple years 3M joined the parade after they finally got one of their film to actually dry. Now these films, roughly speaking ,have a TSER in the 55-65% range, and emissivity of .07 +/-. ..and cost aprox 7.00 psf for material alone. Eastman figured out that based on a ROi stand point, it was a dud. There are numerous other options for a 70% vlt film with 50-60 % TSER that can be bought in the sub 2.50 area. This means that the low e film needs to save 4.50 psf on heat retention alone to make it pay for itself..and it never will. So yes, 3M got in the game last with their 70% lowE film after reverse engineering both VEP and ELux. 

Edited by TomTint

15 hours ago, TomTint said:

Obviously you are ignorant to the fact that you are not buying film from DFD. You are buying from a different entity. I told Mike early on that we would not certify or authorize the company you work for to sell or install DFD products. Why did we do that ? Because not all business  is good business. And I just don’t want or need yours. 
 Feel free to discuss whatever you would like here or any other forum, as I said, you are not buying DFD product.

I see Tom, I just checked my text messages from you. why then did you send me samples from DFD.......?, Mike is your partner and I amused the company was one in the same, see the pics below. the first pic is from the DFD website and the other pic is the film we received, Sure looks like the same film to me. So my question is where did this film come from then.....???..... looks to me that we installed a DFD product right, or am I missing something.........?

033.jpg

028.jpg

15 hours ago, TomTint said:

Let me help Mike here and maybe he will learn something. Enerlogic VEP 70 was the first ultra LowE, high VLT film on the market with Emisevity in the .07 ish area. A few years later Ecolux came along and then after another couple years 3M joined the parade after they finally got one of their film to actually dry. Now these films, roughly speaking ,have a TSER in the 55-65% range, and emissivity of .07 +/-. ..and cost aprox 7.00 psf for material alone. Eastman figured out that based on a ROi stand point, it was a dud. There are numerous other options for a 70% vlt film with 50-60 % TSER that can be bought in the sub 2.50 area. This means that the low e film needs to save 4.50 psf on heat retention alone to make it pay for itself..and it never will. So yes, 3M got in the game last with their 70% lowE film after reverse engineering both VEP and ELux. 

And I quote Tom "3M got in the game last with their 70% lowE film".Time for me to help Tom here, My first day on the job 35 years ago and a 3M Low-E film was installed, a few more were introduced, if you would like I can prove this with 3M brochures and sample cards and More. 

38 minutes ago, MikeMN said:

And I quote Tom "3M got in the game last with their 70% lowE film".Time for me to help Tom here, My first day on the job 35 years ago and a 3M Low-E film was installed, a few more were introduced, if you would like I can prove this with 3M brochures and sample cards and More. 

Hey ding dong..3M had LE35..#garbage..what I said was that 3M knocked off VEP70 ..70% VLT ..not the garbage 40 year old 35 they have been schlepping for decades. ..Please read before posting..it will help you save face. And I checked, the company you work for is not authorized to sell or install DFD films, 100% the material you are installing... is not DFD. If it was, I would know. We are extremely selective who we allow access to these products, we have numerous national accounts that utilize them and we steer those projects to our preferred dealers in those areas. When we launched a few years back, we sent more sample tubes than I can count to potential dealers. Some made the cut, many did not. 

Edited by TomTint

Hey @TomTint and @MikeMN this back and forth :piss match is honestly a bad look for both of you. There's clearly something personal between you two and it doesn't appear to be an issue that's going to be resolved in this thread so why don't we move on. If you want to keep bickering maybe take it to PMs. 

Here's one from a couple weeks ago to get things back on track 

20200221_175710.jpg

20200221_175658.jpg

20200221_175651.jpg