What did you tint today?

On 3/6/2020 at 9:27 AM, highplains said:

Hey @TomTint and @MikeMN this back and forth :piss match is honestly a bad look for both of you. There's clearly something personal between you two and it doesn't appear to be an issue that's going to be resolved in this thread so why don't we move on. If you want to keep bickering maybe take it to PMs. 

Here's one from a couple weeks ago to get things back on track 

20200221_175710.jpg

20200221_175658.jpg

20200221_175651.jpg

Nice pics @highplains

And now for something different...

I came across a virtual tour from a VERY  remote install  done a year or so ago.

We printed the graphics for one of our dealers . Its print on 3M DC and Clearview if you are interested.

Just hit English ( or your other favourite language) then Start then follow the foot prints...

You will notice round icons to click on that tell the story of the artist and the art supplied for this project.

https://chars-screa.polarknowledge.ca/

https://www.canada.ca/en/polar-knowledge/CHARScampus.html

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Canadian+High+Arctic+Reseach+Station/@69.119819,-107.2827454,7z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x518d06a507b35017:0xc95866bdc4a2e1d2!8m2!3d69.119819!4d-105.0415346

Edited by WearTheFoxHat

5 hours ago, TomTint said:

Dry erase film on a painted wall

That is cool.  We do a lot of white frost on the backside of glass at Alabama Power's main building.  They do that for whiteboard reasons a lot and this would make things a lot easier for some of our installs.  Gonna have to do some research on this film and see if we can't start using it also.  Thank you.  :beer  

36 minutes ago, Bham said:

That is cool.

While I have not used it yet, I did have a sample of it on my office wall. One nice thing about it - I assume all versions of this film have it - was that you could use a permanent marker on it and it wiped off just like a dry-erase marker. 

I wrote on it and left it for months and it still wiped off. :thumb

29 minutes ago, Roach said:

While I have not used it yet, I did have a sample of it on my office wall. One nice thing about it - I assume all versions of this film have it - was that you could use a permanent marker on it and it wiped off just like a dry-erase marker. 

I wrote on it and left it for months and it still wiped off. :thumb

I've seen the glass boards that are designed that way.  The glass apparently has a coating on it and you can do the same thing with it.  These new glass boards are rather expensive because they are frosted and have a metal backing so you can use magnets also.  They are neat, but this will be much more cost efficient.  :thumb  

2 hours ago, Bham said:

That is cool.  We do a lot of white frost on the backside of glass at Alabama Power's main building.  They do that for whiteboard reasons a lot and this would make things a lot easier for some of our installs.  Gonna have to do some research on this film and see if we can't start using it also.  Thank you.  :beer  

Send me your address and I’ll get a sample out to you.