Tint Tek 2020
spacer
filmvinyldesigns.com

Tint Tek 2020
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
TintJunkie

Video I promised with plotter cut pattern

Ok, did the video. Took longer than I wanted, Im sure I could have shaved a minute or so off because of a few mistakes. I had everything setup in my garage at home, so my peel board was just leaning against the wall not horizontal. Either way, Im not gonna make an excuse. Think 6.5 minutes to completely cut a car ready to install is pretty fast.

Someone is gonna get a deal on a surplus precut tint pattern! A question I have, if the back glass needs to be shrunk, there is also time involved positioning it on the window. (doors as well) this is already done for hand cutters. Also, when I did auto, I would do roll ups with the liner still on the bottom of the film. ( lock the top,roll up, flush bottom, peel liner, slip behind sweep)...with a liner that is oversized because of weeding.....does it get in the way?

hmmmmm,goin to time myself tomorow....I think with my double cutting and not having to heat shrink,I can come close.now if I can find someone to video me..hahhaha

Guest nordfink

hmmmmm,goin to time myself tomorow....I think with my double cutting and not having to heat shrink,I can come close.now if I can find someone to video me..hahhaha

that'd be great!! love to see it...

Someone is gonna get a deal on a surplus precut tint pattern! A question I have, if the back glass needs to be shrunk, there is also time involved positioning it on the window. (doors as well) this is already done for hand cutters. Also, when I did auto, I would do roll ups with the liner still on the bottom of the film. ( lock the top,roll up, flush bottom, peel liner, slip behind sweep)...with a liner that is oversized because of weeding.....does it get in the way?

No, if you cut the liner 3-4" from where the bottom is, then peel it starting at the cut. It will rip the liner off, but leave 3-4" still on.

As far as positioning, the precut lines dont have to lay perfect with the border of the glass. Get it close, shrink, pull the liner off, as its already cut.

Im willing for the challenge. Kinda feel like doing it again. Instead of not rushing, I will next time.

Edited by TintJunkie