Best heat gun

I proved a theory I had years ago and this seems like an appropriate place to post it.

Outside of physical damage ( running over a heatgun, dropping it, etc) I figured out what the number 1 issue was for going through cheap heatguns so fast: it was when doing back windows. It's turned on too long for a back window . About 10 yrs ago I bought 4 guns for the shop. 1 for the left side , 1 for the right side of the car and 2 guns permanently strapped together for the back window. With each gun not getting "too much use" , they last much much longer than just 4x as long. The average time a back window takes for me to shrink is about 3min. With the dual guns. It's my thought that when a cheap gun runs into say 5 min or more, the gun takes the most internal beating thereby frying itself much earlier than need be.

10 yrs later, the original 2 guns strapped together for back windows are the cheaply Wagners and still running strong.

This isn't to convert people but rather just showing what I think killls a cheap heatgun

I bet you save some time too having one on each side.

Am I the only one that hasn't run over a heat gun? I must be special.........

I think I have run over 4 heat guns, a couple drop lights, & one time a sat a car down on a cordless drill. :lol

Blind from the neck down, lol!

I leave my cheap wagner ones running on high a lot of the time in winter and on low even more. I stand them up on end. Will get two years average at this point out of them. They get killed when kicked or dropped and still hot.

Never ran over one

Pro tools shrink fast propaneheat guns.got it on Cl.for 75 with a 5 gallon tank full.toke me 3 weeks to talk him down.they retail for up to 7 hundred. Work great one of my favorite tools. Shrink a easy back glass in seconds.great to r/r .my other guns are makitas.that I got for 35 each.there deals out there just got to find them.) Got my jeffysteamer for 3 dollars.

Guest mjv231

Pro tools shrink fast propaneheat guns.got it on Cl.for 75 with a 5 gallon tank full.toke me 3 weeks to talk him down.they retail for up to 7 hundred. Work great one of my favorite tools. Shrink a easy back glass in seconds.great to r/r .my other guns are makitas.that I got for 35 each.there deals out there just got to find them.) Got my jeffysteamer for 3 dollars.

3????? Where lol

Guest Dmitry.Alimov

My favorite heat gun is the basic yellow wagner for $20 from ebay. I love it!!!!

Edited by Dmitry.Alimov