Best heat gun

The cheap guns and the expensive ones both squash when you run over um :twocents

I ran over my Wagner gun yesterday and busted the back out and I think it works better than before. I also have a digi Wagner and I prefer my non digi one over it

I'm super bummed I can't find the makita hg1100 anymore, anywhere!! Those were my favorite heat guns and have bought and sent atleast 5 to the grave, they were lasting us about 2 years. I only have 1 left, so today I stopped the snap on guy and he's going to deliver a snap on ET1400 gun next friday. Anyone ever used them?

oh btw....hello everyone, I haven't been on in quite sometime

I picked up a Kobalt digital one last week, 5yr warranty can't be beat, called the Customer svc number and they assured me that if something goes wrong Lowes will replace it right there.  Max temp is 1,260, is plenty hot at 840.

I ordered a new Makita from Amazon the other day and got it and shrunk two or three cars with it and decided it was a piece of shit. Doesn't even compare to my Wagner Furno 750 heat gun. The Makita moves more air but at Max high setting it claims 1050°. Our ceramic film I set it my Furno at 950° and it shrinks awesome. The Makita at Max setting isn't hot enough to shrink the film. 

Edited by jaketuckey

On 6/15/2018 at 10:06 AM, jaketuckey said:

I ordered a new Makita from Amazon the other day and got it and shrunk two or three cars with it and decided it was a piece of shit. Doesn't even compare to my Wagner Furno 750 heat gun. The Makita moves more air but at Max high setting it claims 1050°. Our ceramic film I set it my Furno at 950° and it shrinks awesome. The Makita at Max setting isn't hot enough to shrink the film. 

Agreed new Makita is a piece of junk, thank god ive got 3 working 1100G’s!

But on a side note, if you are dry shrinking, it does require more heat to shrink the film well. If I dry shrink a window with fairy thick ceramic film, I have to put the 1100G down and get something hotter. Not sure exactly why, maybe Something to do with the water and hot air going under and on top of the film when you’re wet shrinking.