Best heat gun

I have 2 steinel ,one digital is bout $300  and one  regular. One was down after 6 months. It died suddenly.probably somewhere in the switch . I bought a new Milwaukee. Fall in love with that. Light weigh, heat up very fast. Nothing can beat that. I have it for bout 6 months now. Still look solid. Hope it has a long life. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have a SnapOn one that's probably 3-4 years old now.  I think it's a Steinel, but I don't know for sure.  I did find that letting it cool down a maybe 30 seconds has really prolonged the life of most of my heat guns.  This SnapOn one though, I've dropped it too many times and it still keep ticking.  I've been super surprised.

On 11/21/2012 at 11:05 AM, pulsar2000 said:

Steinel heat guns, are meant to be the rolls royce of the Guns,

Me personally using a Dewalt variable,

Does the job :D

Or truth. I had 2 of them all died. $300 each 

I don't like the new wagner heat guns & I'm ready to try something new. I was about to order a steinel & figured I'd check "OfferUp" first, because I was wanting to try the old makita heat guns I hear people raving about when I came across this "New in Box" MIlwaukee. i'm in love, the sad part is knowing that when it's gone, it's gone lol

IMG_4341[4511].JPG

On 2/11/2019 at 5:39 AM, redneckj said:

That is an awesome story.  Most tinters think the hotter the better when it comes to heat guns.  IMHO that is not true.  Yes, the gun needs to be hot but more important is the CFM that the heat gun produces.  The "roofing" 220 volt heat guns doesn't  get any hotter than a $20 wagner heat gun but they blow A LOT more air.  I have seen a guy shrink a Camry back glass template in about 35 seconds with a roofing 220 volt heat gun.  

This is a great heat gun for the money.  13 CFM

https://www.amazon.com/Steinel-Multi-Purpose-Temperature-Adjustable-Industry/dp/B06XDJVNWC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1549852449&sr=8-2&keywords=HL+1620+S

This is also a good heat gun.

https://www.amazon.com/Steinel-803-UltraHeat-Temperature-Lightweight/dp/B01MDUFTT0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1549852587&sr=8-4&keywords=steinel+heat+gun  employee tracking software

Thank youThank you, I liked the first option, maybe I'll buy it)

This SEEKONE heat gun performed far better than I had anticipated. I needed to get rid of some old paint on an antique dresser. It took me about half an hour to figure out what temperature I required. It took another hour to remove all of the paint... no harsh chemicals for me anymore!