2013 Sentra

TintWizard

Heads up to panel pullers. This car is easy to tint but if your a tinter that likes to either remove the bottom gasket or pull back panels, you will most likely have to pull the panel. If you pull the panel, you have to pry the trim around the door opener latch carefully as it is easy to break the tabs. Best way is to take the smallest mini screw driver and work your way around to depress all the tabs (here's a pic of one off so you don't have to guess where the tabs are on the hidden side) :y3u8uhyd.jpg

Also, when taking off the mirror cover off the 2 front panels be VERY careful or you will be repairing 1 or 2 plastic clips on the other side. Very poor design for taking off. If you pry it upward, then outward, this will release the top portion of the triangle. Then pry inward toward the inside of the car, that will release the second part of the plastic clip. Finally just pull back with will allow the plug to come free.

Hope this saves someone some grief . Easy car to tint though :thumb

Edited by TintWizard

ya, those are tricky.. the other tinter at the dealership broke the first few we got in tinted... I pull the top of the panels back now I I seen how easy they break to avoid breaking those...

Guest GSRBOB

Also, when taking off the mirror cover off the 2 front panels be VERY careful or you will be repairing 1 or 2 plastic clips on the other side. Very poor design for taking off.

This!

45 minutes ago, TintWizard said:

Too funny , i’m checking in on my old tip from 2012 when I can’t remember something :lol

Funny you brought this up I just broke one last week and called to get a new one. 57 from the dealer :shock