Bubbles on new tint

Guest schnappi

Guest schnappi

you could always take it back to the installer and let him determine if it needs to be reinstalled.

This is a great idea. When I call to take it back in January this is the approach I shall take.

Cool. We do check back to see how it went, so please let us know how it's going.

Help us learn from you, too. :thumb

I really appreciate the assisatance that has been offered on this forum so far.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest schnappi

Wonder how it appears now, being 5 days later ?

It appears the same as when I noticed it the day of the tint. There remains a large bubble in one portal and multiple small, but noticable bubbles in both portals. I will attempt to take some photos today.

Guest schnappi

Wonder how it appears now, being 5 days later ?

It appears the same as when I noticed it the day of the tint. There remains a large bubble in one portal and multiple small, but noticable bubbles in both portals. I will attempt to take some photos today.

I tried to take photos with a DSLR but (especially) on a dreary December day the windows are far too dark for anything to be visible from the outside. There is still a large very noticable bubble on one of the portals and the other portal has bubbling as well when you look.

In January I plan to take it back and ask the installer to have a look.

If there is an opportunity to take photos that show the problem I will definitly do this as well as posting regarding what happens after I bring it back to the installer in January.

Guest Mobile1

You strike me as a friendly and reasonable person, definetely take it back if you are not happy - I know I would want you to.

I bet it's just a bit of contamination, even the smallest dust particles are obvious under film.

A few specs here and there are practically inevitable, clusters are not and a cause for redo in my opinion.

Good luck.

Guest schnappi

You strike me as a friendly and reasonable person, definetely take it back if you are not happy - I know I would want you to.

I bet it's just a bit of contamination, even the smallest dust particles are obvious under film.

A few specs here and there are practically inevitable, clusters are not and a cause for redo in my opinion.

Good luck.

I appreciate your sentiments. Unfortunately I have had the nagging feeling since I first saw a large bubble that the installer will give me a hard time about re-doing the portals.

But as the prior poster stated it will be interesting for me as well to see how the installer handles the situation.

When you pay for a tint installation, you are (mostly) paying for the install quality itself. Not so much the material. Any reputable tint establishment will redo a door or portal without question if you are not 100% satisfied. I know we sure do. Heck we have had to re-do a couple of air80 windshields due to a single eansie teansie spec down in a corner. Sounded rediculous and to tinting standards it was, but we re-tinted it anyway.

When you pay for a tint installation, you are (mostly) paying for the install quality itself. Not so much the material. Any reputable tint establishment will redo a door or portal without question if you are not 100% satisfied. I know we sure do. Heck we have had to re-do a couple of air80 windshields due to a single eansie teansie spec down in a corner. Sounded rediculous and to tinting standards it was, but we re-tinted it anyway.

Either I am not a "reputable" business or I just understand the limitations of aftermarket tinting and refuse to give 100% satisfaction. There is no way I am redoing a window for some minor error. People are crazy. I honestly only have about 1 a year that complain about anything though so it is not a big worry....

Archived