IG'S over 1/2"

I have a F2G chart and know how to use it but if the whole unit is 3/4" thick and the thickest windows they show on the chart is 3/8 thick still will be no warranty so the chart won't come into play. I agree 1" is common so if your tinting 1'' units on a regular bases what film are you using ?? what is the warranty ? I've talked with both suppliers for guidance if the whole unit is thicker than 3/8 they will not warranty it.

It takes the guess work out of the equation

:thumb It sure does... you should have bought yours from us, I could have given you a killer deal for not being on your "!@$% list"! :lol:poke

Send me another one. I have 2 trucks and hate when it is in the one I'm not driving.

I have a F2G chart and know how to use it but if the whole unit is 3/4" thick and the thickest windows they show on the chart is 3/8 thick still will be no warranty so the chart won't come into play. I agree 1" is common so if your tinting 1'' units on a regular bases what film are you using ?? what is the warranty ? I've talked with both suppliers for guidance if the whole unit is thicker than 3/8 they will not warranty it.

Must be talking to the wrong person because thickness only pertains to glass and in the case of dual pane it is mostly the inner pane that is important to measure thickness of. Someone's talking out of the side of their mouth if they say the whole dual pane unit cannot exceed 3/8 inch. IG's can have any size spacing between panes: they just cannot be made of glass that is thicker the 3/8th inch (that in itself is a rarity).

Yea that's a nice meter Tom...I may have to look into one of those ! I was told it is the total thickness of the unit but I will call again tomorrow and double check ! If it's just the thickness of the inner glass then yes there are a ton of films you could put on it ! Thanks for all the help guys

Archived