2013 grand cherokee heads up

dillholes

did 2 fronts on a brand new,0 miles grand today. easy peasy right? hmm not today...did pass side first. rolled it up,rinsed the bottom,finished squeegeing it out and moved to over to the drivers side. rolled it up,rinsed out the bottom,layed the tint in and squeegeed it out. hit the window lock button and pushed the ignition button on the dash to turn off the accessories. both front windows started to wiggle up and down for a few secs with the power off and then stopped.I turn the power back on and try to roll the windows up and nothing. try the back door windows and they work fine,wth? luckily this was a dealer I do alot of work for so I had 1 of the techs plug it into the computer diagnostic thing to check it out.seems the ecm lost communication with the door module.upon further investigation we determined the the rocket scientists at chryiat placed the door module right below the front corner of the window where there is an approx 1/4" gap directley above it.and did I mention it is an un-sealed unit, not made to get wet. on a drivers door,in a location that will get water in it every time you open the door if it is raining hard enough.bunch of genius' engineering cars today or what. lucky for me the dealer is just warranting it out for me but he figured it would be a couple hundred bucks easy if it was customer pay.heads up everyone. door panel is easy enough to remove tho, 1 phillips behind the door handle, and a 7mm in the door pull. pressure clips on the rest. door module is the 4"x4" square box directley below the mirror with 3 or 4 plugs going to it.

Hi, I've just started tinting in the last few months and got caught out by this scenario today. I am replacing the tint as it had missed coverage at the bottom near the mirror. now I know, I feel better. It did dry out and the window came back to life. Not before I had already left, as the car was heading to the dealership for repairs of this fault. Customer was a little on edge with me as well. 
Welcome to the trade I guess.

I am new to this forum, but have already found so much helpful info on here.

Be glad to pass on my detailing advice as well if anyone needs it.

Archived