FlexFilm from Georgia

That does not sound right...

Bama-I promise. I have no reason to speak negatively of this company, other than what I've personally experienced. Im sure they offer different lines of film, that may be better than what I used. However-the person did take the class, did tint his gf car several times, did leave the class thinking he could tint, and did fail when it came down to having a car in front of him with no instructor telling him what to do. Maybe this isnt their standard routine but it did happen.

That does not sound right...

Bama-I promise. I have no reason to speak negatively of this company, other than what I've personally experienced. Im sure they offer different lines of film, that may be better than what I used. However-the person did take the class, did tint his gf car several times, did leave the class thinking he could tint, and did fail when it came down to having a car in front of him with no instructor telling him what to do. Maybe this isnt their standard routine but it did happen.

Still think there is miscommunication on that...maybe on the end of the guy that you talked too. I have known them for some time now and no part of that sounds like them...plus they have been around an extremely long time as tinters and would never claim to be able to train someone in a weekend...that would be retarded. Now there is a place not too far from them that trains tinters and gives them film when they leave, maybe that is where the person went.

Edited by DynamicSound

Ok well I'm done debating something I know is true. He had Flex Film and the shop was less than 100 miles away from the company. He personally told me everything I have relayed in previous posts. Believe me or not it doesn't matter to me. There was no miscommunication between me and the detailer, who told me about his experience. I laughed when he told me the story, because as a tinter I know you can't teach someone anything in a weekend. But that's what happened. Take it or leave it. :)

Guest VaTinterPMan

You'd think if they really wanted to gain a customer they would send out at least a "trial roll" enough to tint one car. The film I use now, they ponied up a whole 40x100' roll for me to try out. Made a HUGE difference! :thumb

Why don't you call Llumar and request a sample. :lol

I did when I first started...They shipped me 10ft of ATR and 5ft of PP....

Opinions are like a$$holes-everyone has one ant they usually stink. :)

See if they'll send you some samples and try it for yourself. My experience obviously doesn't represent the majority so my advice would be go for it. You are just concerned with their film anyway so their "training" division isn't really important.

Call them up, tell them you use a competitors film and you're ready to jump ship. A company that wants your business should send AT LEAST a 40" x 20' so you can try it out. Good luck and best wishes for a prosperous New Year!

Edited by Blackwolftinting

You'd think if they really wanted to gain a customer they would send out at least a "trial roll" enough to tint one car. The film I use now, they ponied up a whole 40x100' roll for me to try out. Made a HUGE difference! :thumb

Because Llumar is not what I want to try out. Been there, done that. I want more information on Flex Film BEFORE I commit to buying their film(s).

I talked Ralph Van Pelt and he "seems" like a good guy. His claim is that the Koreans are getting it right and the Americans are dropping the ball because the US made stuff (IR and Ceramic films) does not hold up after installed. He says that they lose their ability to maintain IR rejection while the Korean films do not. His comparison he likes to use is how Hyundai is kicking butt because they have stepped up their ability to address customers with quality and styling. He said the same is true when it comes to the IR films he carries. Korean mannys have stepped it up too. (His words NOT mine).

I will say he has a compelling argument and again "seems" interested in the success of those he is selling to. :dunno

Edited by wetintcars.com

Because Llumar is not what I want to try out. Been there, done that. I want more information on Flex Film BEFORE I commit to buying their film(s).

I talked Ralph Van Pelt and he "seems" like a good guy. His claim is that the Koreans are getting it right and the Americans are dropping the ball because the US made stuff (IR and Ceramic films) does not hold up after installed. He says that they lose their ability to maintain IR rejection while the Korean films do not. His comparison he likes to use is how Hyundai is kicking butt because they have stepped up their ability to address customers with quality and styling. He said the same is true when it comes to the IR films he carries. Korean mannys have stepped it up too. (His words NOT mine).

I will say he has a compelling argument and again "seems" interested in the success of those he is selling to. :dunno

I just meant that the last time I talk to someone at Llumar they wanted 2000 dollars for my first film order and 12,000 dollars a year in film sales for my business.

I did when I first started...They shipped me 10ft of ATR and 5ft of PP....

Wow! How generous! (NOT).

That's what I mean about Llumar, arrogant jerks who don't need our business now that they are going after all the dealership work and bypassing us.

Edited by wetintcars.com