FlexFilm from Georgia

You'd think if they really wanted to gain a customer they would send out at least a "trial roll" enough to tint one car. The film I use now, they ponied up a whole 40x100' roll for me to try out. Made a HUGE difference! :thumb

Why don't you call Llumar and request a sample. :lol

I did when I first started...They shipped me 10ft of ATR and 5ft of PP....

Wow! How generous! (NOT).

That's what I mean about Llumar, arrogant jerks who don't need our business now that they are going after all the dealership work and bypassing us.

This

There are a lot different tpes and brands out there lately. We tint a lot of cars these days, but even as I grew my business I was always concerned with the quality of the products I carried over the price I paid for them. I've never used overseas materials because they just dont have the history we have here in the US.

Maybe its old school, but I have seen film failures happen to good companies and its not pleasant.

The ability of a manufacturer to take action on your behalf in response to a problem is tremendous, but the better manufacturer's spend a ton of time figuring out how to NOT put thier client's in that position. I dont think that translates into the overseas markets. Unfortunately, the recent competitive pricing battles with these new brands have created a 'race to the bottom' for many manufacturer's.

I used ot carry a brand that had a ton of integrity and when they bought out a cheaper manufacturer they became a major player in the junkyard brands. They may even dominate that industry, but they wont get a stitch of my business.

Quality and reputation mean everything in our business. I wouldnt sacrifice that for anything.

We are a Huper Optik and Llumar Vista & Formula One window tint dealer.

Best of luck.

Hugh Casiano-Hernandez

Dannys' Family Window Tinting

Scottsdale, Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, Peoria & Paradise Valley in Arizona

Auto, Home and Commercial Window Tinting

www.dannysfamily.com

www.danystint.com

:yeah And just for the record, arrogance is like many other things on a two way street. Not meant to offend, but sometimes what might be taken as arrogance is sound business practices not met with the same perspective. I personally found my 2500 dollar film product investment made in 1980 to be extremely inexpensive for start up cost of materials.

Also, in defense of LLumar, they are not the only brand in car dealerships; they simply went in after many others were stealing away (film sales) business. If it is really necessary to finger point, point in the direction of who really started the race at dealerships; look no further than those sticky note pads on your desk (at least that was the film used when I spent six months as an in-house tinter in 1990 before moving onto operating another shop).

My guess is car dealerships have sole control over what film is used in car dealerships. But I digress. I have been using Flex Film since last summer and I've turned out my best winter in history and project my best year yet in regards to film sales.

I'm not gonna bad mouth other products, especially without inside knowledge of their practices, but I've been tinting windows since I was a little kid and my father has over 30 years of experience. We both use Flex Film and it's changed our ability to compete in the South Florida market where tinters resort to charging 50-100 dollars/ car just to compete. It's no longer about doing as many cars as we can in a day, it's about upselling the customers we do get to a better film.

We've had a great response from our customers and have had interest from high end dealerships and car boutiques to sell this product. Like I said, I'm not gonna talk bad about other films, I'm just going to describe my experience with Flex Film, and it's been life changing.

My guess is car dealerships have sole control over what film is used in car dealerships. But I digress. I have been using Flex Film since last summer and I've turned out my best winter in history and project my best year yet in regards to film sales.

I'm not gonna bad mouth other products, especially without inside knowledge of their practices, but I've been tinting windows since I was a little kid and my father has over 30 years of experience. We both use Flex Film and it's changed our ability to compete in the South Florida market where tinters resort to charging 50-100 dollars/ car just to compete. It's no longer about doing as many cars as we can in a day, it's about upselling the customers we do get to a better film.

We've had a great response from our customers and have had interest from high end dealerships and car boutiques to sell this product. Like I said, I'm not gonna talk bad about other films, I'm just going to describe my experience with Flex Film, and it's been life changing.

:cool

This is EXACTLY the reason for the original post to this forum. I want input from those who use and trust this brand (Flex Film) and can tell me why.

I apologize to Llumar reps, distributors, installers, and Soltuia for inadvertently steering the conversation into a wrong direction. This is NOT a bash Llumar post!

For the record...

Llumar has consistently been a major player in this industry and as such has been an innovator as well. They supply arguable 90% of the raw poly to all of us. I just have a problem with their inability to be more competitive in their pricing at a time when many of the very dealers who built their business through years of loyalty are struggling to stay in business.

That having been said...

More of you PLEASE wiegh in on Flex Film and what you like/dislike about it, especially their IR and ceramic films.

Edited by wetintcars.com

Guest gawindowtint

Hey Guys,

I use Flex films ceramic series everyday at my shop top gun window tinting. It works great. Using the ceramic film as an up sale has boosted my sales and gives me a competitive edge over my competitors. I have been through my share of film over the years and I feel that you will not be disappointed with it. Give Ralph a try and you won’t be sorry.

Thanks,

Charles

Top Gun Window Tint

GA Window Tint

Ok, so yesterday I was contacted by the sales girl for FlexFilm.

Never heard of them but they claim they have their film "assembled" the same way 3M does by buying the poly from Martinsville VA, and glue, scratch coat, etc. etc. from others and have it boxed with their logo on it.

Then the owner called today and was telling me how they have been tinting for 26 years and decided to start selling film. They have some pretty informative videos on You Tube. His BIG selling film is an IR film he says has great heat reduction values and sells very well with a heat lamp.

My question is - Has anybody heard of these guys and better yet do any of you guys use their films?

Thanks in advance for the feedback

:thumb

Yea, I like it. I have used it. Having had experience with other ceramic films out there I was surprised at how well their's shrunk. It acts more like a dyed film than any other ceramics I've worked with. I will say that from my own experience that the film blocks a lot of heat. I believe flex film has more value for the dollar than most major companies.

Ok, so yesterday I was contacted by the sales girl for FlexFilm.

Never heard of them but they claim they have their film "assembled" the same way 3M does by buying the poly from Martinsville VA, and glue, scratch coat, etc. etc. from others and have it boxed with their logo on it.

Then the owner called today and was telling me how they have been tinting for 26 years and decided to start selling film. They have some pretty informative videos on You Tube. His BIG selling film is an IR film he says has great heat reduction values and sells very well with a heat lamp.

My question is - Has anybody heard of these guys and better yet do any of you guys use their films?

Thanks in advance for the feedback

:thumb

Yea, I like it. I have used it. Having had experience with other ceramic films out there I was surprised at how well their's shrunk. It acts more like a dyed film than any other ceramics I've worked with. I will say that from my own experience that the film blocks a lot of heat. I believe flex film has more value for the dollar than most major companies.

Yes, it is one of the absolute best ceramics for shrinking.