2012 Cayenne Rubber Trim Cut

Guest wmtribe

Guest wmtribe

The day after I purchased my brand new Cayenne I had FormulaOne Pinnacle tint completed on the front windows. I've had a previous car done and the work was satisfactory.

This time, there is contamination underneath the both window tint and the lines for the small triangular window are crooked. However, what bothers me the most is the cut on the window trim.

The shop is willing to do the windows again but is absolving any responsibility for the cut. The owner told me they do not cut the film on the window. Instead, they use tracing paper and cut the tint on a cutting board.

I have attached a picture of the cut. Any insight would be appreciated and is this cut possible from a tint job? Thanks

IMG_1694.jpg

This picture shows where the cut is in relation to the window. The screwdriver is where the cut is located.

IMG_1698.jpg

This shows the unevenness in the tint.

IMG_1693.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last pic is not uneven cut. It is the thickness of the border that the film is laying over.

Wrap your finger in a paper towel and press firmly going around the border,

The cut looks like the tinter did it, unless they have a plotter (their explanation sounds like malarkey).

The only thing is the direction of the cut. A likely cut from a tinter would be more of a sliver from

a blade going astray, not almost 90degree cut in.

Going back to their "tracing paper", I'd like to see that done accurately on a door glass. Ask

for a demonstration and video it for us.

Smells fishy to me.

Guest wmtribe

Thank you for the advise. The cut was to the exterior window trim. The vehicle goes back this Saturday. I will ask to watch them do one window to demonstrate this "tracing paper" technique.

I suppose I can take them to small claims court for the damage.

ok...I use old liners for tracing out quarter windows all the time, but not roll downs.

Hate to say this, but I think the cut looks like it could have happened when they cut the top on the door glass....about the right angle for it too....I would say it did happen. IF they NEVER cut on the car then I don't know....

I agree with the above. Looks like their top edge cut when the window was rolled down. Thats about the right distance down due to the rear edge on those. They have a wide round edge gasket towards the top rear and to get an accurate top edge, you have to roll the glass down past it. The tinter was either rushing, lazy or inexperienced and that cut in the gasket should have been avoided with care.

Archived