Price shopping fiends!!!!

I had a friend of a friend come for a normal tint job. calls me and asks how much, I know the car so I tell him a round about with whichever film he chooses. starts asking me if I laser cut my film. because a guy he went to before cut it with a laser and he watched it. "no I hand cut, I believe its more accurate. assure him of the quality I push and precision. he likes it sets up an appointment. never shows. call him up. he tells me sob stories about grandma, blah blah. So sets up another appointment about a week later. never shows. now im aggravated but give into his second sob story. needless to say another appointment. never shows. so thats that. if he ever does show im tackin that onto his bill.

the part I hate is when I get calls from people he knows asking how much to do this or that car. and say "my boy told me you do it for this price" or "you cant do it for me cheaper than that" and " (blank) told me if I mentioned him you would give me a deal".

thats the horror story that still haunts me. I have yet to do his car. and yet to do any of his low balling friends.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uggg, "Friends"! Real friends will understand you have bills to pay to.

Just make sure you are setting yourself for those calls. Don't offer a deal to one friend and then expect him or her not to tell all of their friends about their "deal"! If it is a good friend that asks for a deal, just reply, "Would you work for less money if someone asked you to?"

As for no shows, if they call back for another appointment, tell them they will have to drop it off first thing in the morning because now you will have to work them in between other appointments. If they ask why, say, "Not that I think it will happen again, however; you did not show for your last appointment, nor did you call to tell me you were not going to show."

We keep a no show list just for this reason. "Awww, I see you are on our no show list..."

Just leave it as that. Takes all their power away and you do not have to block out time to tint their car so you can take something else and make MONEY!

"Laser Cut" that's how a local hack shop sells there installs off a standard plotter just like mine. They also use bootleg software and tell people how I charge more for the same service because I pay. LOL

I used get the low ballers too and I hated it.

Keep your prices fair and stay firm on them, keep your quality up, and before you know it people will tip you and appreciate your time/work.

Archived