DGI / ComputerCut 40" plotter - question on cable hookup to comput

Ridler

Well I gave both suggestions a try and unfortunatley neither of them work. I changed the plotter to NewStar and still got the same error. I went and got a different cable to try and that didn't work. I'll just have to wait till Tuedsay to speak with Cindy from Tint Tek who set everything up. I'm sure she'll be able to figure this out for me. Thanks for all the help.

I thought I would give everyone an update on getting my plotter to work with the TintTek software. So after dealing with Cyndi from TintTek again, she contacted someone in England that specializes in these plotters. He gave her three options to see if my plotter would work. We tried all three and unfortunately, none of them worked. I'm a little disappointed to say the least. We were on the phone the entire time I tried each option to get the plotter to cut and she didnt have any other ideas on why it wasnt working. She then suggested I reach out to the guy in England myself to see if he could give me more suggestions. I said fine it's worth a shot. So I emailed the guy at both email addresses she provided and have heard nothing. Cyndi has been accomidating to work with and very nice on the phone but I'm Curious to see what anyone else has to offer.

TintTek has been kind enough to allow a two week trial, which Andy say they dont normally do and I am grateful for that, but that's once I figure out how to get it to work. Part of me says that's great but the other part of me says they should know how to figure it out. They are in fact a software company and specialize in this. I'm just a tinter not a computer person.

I'm curious on what my fellow tinters have to say.

TintTek was the first software I had. It was last year. I also have the DGI Omega 100. I had no problems with the set up. It cut first time. I did how ever find the patterns to not be up to my satisfaction. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and kept it for 6 plus months IIRC. The PPF patterns are worthless. I had to throw away all the film every time I tried to use them. What made me mad was not that they did not fit well, its that they did not fit period. Don't they test fit this stuff. They should know how much money installers waste using the patterns, and not even offer them until they have it right. I feel they just put the PPF on the software so they can say they have both to compete with others. It is a disservice to the customer.

As far as the tint patterns go, you can get buy with them but they still are not to good. Now this is all my experience with them. I am sure other may use them and love them. Just my opinion.

I use Film Design now and love it. PPF patterns still need a little help. Tint patterns are great as far as patterns go (I hand cut for the so long I still have a hard time with patterns). But they fit the best from all the trials I have used so far. Plus customer service is second to none.

Other than Computer cut these plotter are not widely used so the software people with not have a lot of experience with them. Give Film Design a call. I will bet between them and accugraphics you will be up and running. If you want to PM me I will give you my phone number and tell you exactly how mine is set up.

I thought I would give everyone an update on getting my plotter to work with the TintTek software. So after dealing with Cyndi from TintTek again, she contacted someone in England that specializes in these plotters. He gave her three options to see if my plotter would work. We tried all three and unfortunately, none of them worked. I'm a little disappointed to say the least. We were on the phone the entire time I tried each option to get the plotter to cut and she didnt have any other ideas on why it wasnt working. She then suggested I reach out to the guy in England myself to see if he could give me more suggestions. I said fine it's worth a shot. So I emailed the guy at both email addresses she provided and have heard nothing. Cyndi has been accomidating to work with and very nice on the phone but I'm Curious to see what anyone else has to offer.

TintTek has been kind enough to allow a two week trial, which Andy say they dont normally do and I am grateful for that, but that's once I figure out how to get it to work. Part of me says that's great but the other part of me says they should know how to figure it out. They are in fact a software company and specialize in this. I'm just a tinter not a computer person.

I'm curious on what my fellow tinters have to say.

i ran into this issue from a cable i bought from bestbuy here in jax, with no luck.. i was told that the cable from radio shak (com>usb) would work.. thinking no way! i went to radio shak bought the cable and amazingly it worked perfect!

Archived