Holden VL Help!

supafit

Cool.

So you just took photos of tinted cars and put them on your website as your own work.

You should be ashamed of yourself!

Then again your from Thomastown. It's expected from you lot.

Your pricing is low also.

Oh well, people get what they pay for.

We all had to start somewhere GT.

I think you will find that the photos are of cars that he and his business partner have tinted themselves.

And I believe that Supa will move in the right direction this year. For what it is worth, I have offered to try and guide him where I can.

Also, how can he charge as much as someone with 20 years experience when he is just starting out? And I myself would be looking for a cheap film if I was burning 30% of it. So hard to get off the ground in this game when people tell you that you are doing it wrong, but don't offer to tell you how to do it right....

Time will tell if he has what it takes. First thing is a change to a good product. I don't dare say what Supa was using previously up to this point... :facepalm2

Cheers GT.

Gtint,

Those are all the cars we tinted throughout the year, why would you make such false assumptions without any facts.

Thanks GTS, yes I am fairly new and have been working with a partner who only works with me on weekends mostly and I am intending to start doing extra work by myself to pick up the required skills needed. GTS is spot on, I do make a alot of mistakes as I am fairly new, you all would know from experience as a tinter, therefore my work takes longer and I use more film, hence why I cannot charge customer more.

I am in the process of buying new film and getting better gear and doing spending more time on focusing on my speed as well as quality when it comes to tinting.

I am doing everything I can to learn more about tinting and make a career out of it. That is why I have been asking many newbie questions and seeking help from many professionals around here.

Anyways, thats pretty much sums up my tinting journey. I want to make a career out of it after all =].

Hey GTS.

Have you changed your view on the Independant Tinting Network?

"Only installers that would be classed as pro's are eligible to be a part of the ITN, there is an average of 10 years experience with the ITN installers, and Dev helps to prop that number up nicely with 38. Cheers Dev. Cost is $0. Ongoing fees $0. When the time is right, and if you stay independent... You are in"

My view stands GT,

I removed Supa from the network a number of days ago for the reasons you have pointed out. I.e. Pricing and quality of product he is offering to his customers.

I am certain that he is heading in the right direction, and he is only leaving film on the glass if it is of a quality finish, or he removes it and try's again, and again. That is a sign to me that he wants to be good or nothing at all. And it doesn't matter if we like it or not, he is setting up to be a full time tinter, so we can bag him for living in an undesired suburb, or we can help him be an asset to the industry.

I just returned from a job helping out an old friend from Sydney Glass Tint, he had to tint 160 colonial windows and have it done today, it was not such a fun job, but it was great to be helping out a mate, and we became mates through tinting. So working together was good for both of us. He has been tinting for 21 years, and he helped me, and guided me in the right direction when I was starting out, and now I am helping him 16 years later.

Please don't be quick to put someone down because the have a smaller number of years of tinting experience, put them down if they are bad people. Maybe you guys can work together for the benifit of both of you. It may be 15 years from now, maybe never, who knows?

Please understand GT that I am in no way taking aim here, I am just simply trying to help someone that asked for my help.

If you needed help, and I could, I would. I will be a certified energy assessor in June, maybe then I will have something to offer you.

All the very best G...

:thumb

Guest darkview

ive used mep where i use to work an use solar gaurd where i currently work an use suntek for myself as an after hours company an get alot of support from the suntek distributor an prefer suntek film to the others

Archived