Anyone with plans to get out of tinting?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there is plenty of other trades that put wear and tear on you body. I would just rather get into something that doesn't do that. The guy that trained me (18 year tinter) said he was getting out to start buying houses and flipping them and having some else do the work fixing them up. That would be nice.

See this is what worries me about a reality show on window tinting. Everybody in the damn brother will open up a tint shop and start slapping film on Windows. :facepalm

Thats what suks with auto tinting is that you have to deal with low ballers. I understand that there will be competition on price in any biz, but it would be nice to do a business that not just anyone could start up for next to nothing like with tinting.

See this is what worries me about a reality show on window tinting. Everybody in the damn brother will open up a tint shop and start slapping film on Windows. :facepalm

Thats what suks with auto tinting is that you have to deal with low ballers. I understand that there will be competition on price in any biz, but it would be nice to do a business that not just anyone could start up for next to nothing like with tinting.

Thats what suks with auto tinting is that you have to deal with low ballers. I understand that there will be competition on price in any biz, but it would be nice to a business that not just anyone could start up.

I totally agree with you on that 1.

I know there is plenty of other trades that put wear and tear on you body. I would just rather get into something that doesn't do that. The guy that trained me (18 year tinter) said he was getting out to start buying houses and flipping them and having some else do the work fixing them up. That would be nice.

Someone once told me that they can make more in a day with their brain than they can in a year with his hands. As a tradesman, you are limited to what you can produce per day and that is where your income hits the ceiling. PJT, more self made millionaires in this country have made their fortune in real estate. It is however a slippery slope. One mistake can cost tens of thousands of dollars. Sometimes, after all is said and done, between bank fees, real estate commissions, legal feed and other associated closing costs as well as carrying costs.... There is not much left in the kitty for the GC. I'm not saying it is a bad idea to explore options...but it is not all roses flipping houses. I have bought and sold land,houses, houses on land rehabs, foreclosures etc....made some money on some and lost over 100k on one deal. Believe me, there are many sleepless nights if you don't have brass balls.

Archived