2011 Lexus IS250 door panel removal

pbalentine

Anyone pulled these panels? I had the screw off behind the handle and the one under the switch cover, but It wouldn't come off.

I got it done, but it was a pain with those tweeters in the way. I'll never do another one of these w/o pulling the panels.

Yeah, just those two screes, but there is a post in the panel that fits in a hole in the door, you have to pull it out quite far to get the post out of the hole. It's sort of in the upper forward part of the door. They are tight, but it makes the car so much easier to tint.

Look at the hole next to the speaker. there is a post there that you have to clear. Sometimes it will break off, but it's not that important. Also, some of the plastic parts that hold the door panel clips will peel off of the door panel. I use some spray adhesive and stick them back on, it seems that's how they are put on in the first place, or hot glue.

DSC017501.JPG

havent gotten a chance to pull one of these yet, but I did see the guy I used to work with pull one and he used some wirecutters to snip off that post piece on the panel before he put it back on which I assume was to make reinstalling easier

We do the Lexus dealers cars and NEVER pull panels. of course if you do enough of them it gets easier, but best deal is just to slide a plastic non scratch tool in behind the tweeter to hold the front part of door panel out a bit and the film will fall right in to bottom swipe.

Bringin a topic back from the dead but did my first is250 today and damn those front doors were a pain to get looking good. I will definitely try to pull the panel next time. As for the panel, just watched a video on youtube and the guy said after you remove the 2 screws, that there is a "release tab" next to the handle that he was prying on and popped the panel right off. Can anyone confirm this? I have been reading all the threads on this car and no one has mentioned it. Also, it looked almost as if you removed the one screw by the handle that you could pry the top back and possibly pull a seal? Probably not though if it hasnt been mentioned by now. Any thoughts on the release tab by the handle to release the panel though? Thanks! want to be ready next time one of these comes in.

This is the video I watched on the one I did. I remember him saying about the release right at the end. Honestly can't remember if that changed anything or not though. Seemed like I tried that but it didn't do anything. I know going back was a little difficult, reason being there's a plastic line up piece that sticks out over an inch. First side went on fine second side wound up breaking it off about half way. Doesn't really matter though it's behind the panel. Hope this helps. Yes taking the panel off is crucial to making this job easy.

Archived