Anyone ever hire a marketing firm?

Has anyone ever hired a marketing firm to help with marketing their business? (Geared more towards FG then auto)

I'd like to market to a specific area, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about it the best way.

I do ok in the area now, but I know there is much more of a demand, it's just people finding out about me.

I don't know of anyone off hand but good for you. There is only so much we can do on our own and when its just one or two people running the show its tough to look at some ideas with an open mind.

My personal advice Steve is to try and network with a successful dealer on the other side of the country. Share ideas etc... See what they do, might cost you less and get you better results.

Always comes back to ' how deep are your pockets?'

True... which I guess the answer would be, not deep enough. lol

I don't know of anyone off hand but good for you. There is only so much we can do on our own and when its just one or two people running the show its tough to look at some ideas with an open mind.

My personal advice Steve is to try and network with a successful dealer on the other side of the country. Share ideas etc... See what they do, might cost you less and get you better results.

Thanks Tim.. I don't have any contacts out there (besides you lol) so that's something I should try and develop.

After thinking about it a bit, I have two ideas.... not sure how doable they would be, or if they would even produce anything, but they wouldn't cost much to do.

I've looked at marketing firms/ ad agencies. There are pros and cons dealing with them, ie the fees they charge, but they have more experience with product placement, demographics etc and will get better spot rates for you in the media and will generally tie all your marketing together into a cohesive effort.

You do get good and bad agencies, so set up interviews as you would any employee of your business.

Set a firm budget and give one a go, track your advertising results to determine the value.

Just my 2 bits Roach, I do a lot of advertising, hope it helps

but they have more experience

Which is the main reason I would want to find someone... I do pretty good generally speaking with my marketing efforts, but I have this one target I'd really like to excel at...

You do get good and bad agencies, so set up interviews as you would any employee of your business.

And that is my biggest fear... picking someone who doesn't end up producing anything and blowing a ton of money.

I think I might make a few calls and just see what's out there... and also pursue Tim's suggestion.

There are companies that will get you mailing lists for target markets. Arcehict s, facility managers, property management companies, interior decorators etc. many many years ago I paid a company to do this for me. I honestly don't remember what it cost. But today you can do it by yourself with a simple google search. Plan on sending hundreds if not thousands of letters and brochures.

This would be for residential rather then commercial accounts. I know you can get mailing lists for homeowners, but I'd like something a bit more then that. (Which I plan to do mailings - but I Dont want that to be the only thing)

Guest accent

Viscon services out of houston. Andy will fly in for a day and abosrb your goals then go back and develop a strategic marketing plan of the course of a year. We are on our 2nd month and have seem drastic changes. He will help you target exactly what you want to accomplish. Contact me if you want more info. He specializes in the window film industry

Archived