Anyone ever hire a marketing firm?

I have a good friend of mine that runs a "branding" company. Basically she charges customers to design up a website, youtube channel, logo, slideshows for youtube or commercials on youtube , redo the "brand" identity, flyers, POP displays, text ad's, banners (web and actual) vehicle wraps etc. She is expensive but very very good at what she does. Her average client pays her about $4,000 for her services but most of her clients have grown as much as they can by themselves and need someone to take their business to the next level.

Now as a wrapper, vinyl not itunes, I would say that a wrap would be a good start for an investment in your company. And most marketing companies will suggest the same. One the the main services she promotes is wraps (we install them for her). It gets your name out there, gets your brand, website, what you do in people's line of sight. It is a moving billboard.

If you google feller's certified or lowan certified in your area, you will probably find a qualified wrap shop in your area and you can see what they would charge you for a partial or a full wrap. Most partials are about $1500 in this area, that is with nice film and laminated, the fulls run at about $2500-$3200. I know it sounds like a lot of investment, but if you sell one decent gig from your wrap it pays for itself. Our customers we wrap for say that the wrap pays for itself within a few months with the amount of clients it brings in. I think that Tom wrapped his new transit van himself, so if you think it is doable you can save yourself some $$$ by wrapping your own vehicle, but you could ask him if he noticed a change in his business. Although he is very busy a lot of the time, so he might have not noticed that much of a change.

I have a good friend of mine that runs a "branding" company. Basically she charges customers to design up a website, youtube channel, logo, slideshows for youtube or commercials on youtube , redo the "brand" identity, flyers, POP displays, text ad's, banners (web and actual) vehicle wraps etc. She is expensive but very very good at what she does. Her average client pays her about $4,000 for her services but most of her clients have grown as much as they can by themselves and need someone to take their business to the next level.

Now as a wrapper, vinyl not itunes, I would say that a wrap would be a good start for an investment in your company. And most marketing companies will suggest the same. One the the main services she promotes is wraps (we install them for her). It gets your name out there, gets your brand, website, what you do in people's line of sight. It is a moving billboard.

If you google feller's certified or lowan certified in your area, you will probably find a qualified wrap shop in your area and you can see what they would charge you for a partial or a full wrap. Most partials are about $1500 in this area, that is with nice film and laminated, the fulls run at about $2500-$3200. I know it sounds like a lot of investment, but if you sell one decent gig from your wrap it pays for itself. Our customers we wrap for say that the wrap pays for itself within a few months with the amount of clients it brings in. I think that Tom wrapped his new transit van himself, so if you think it is doable you can save yourself some $$$ by wrapping your own vehicle, but you could ask him if he noticed a change in his business. Although he is very busy a lot of the time, so he might have not noticed that much of a change.

Hi Kerry, Yes I did wrap my Transit. If I had it to do all over again, I don't think I would. If I did auto, maybe. I get calls from people on the road that want to know how much to put tints on da Honda. Where we do flat only, .. The customer rarely looks at the truck we drive up in. It is possible and likely, that I need to redesign the add on the van. Just last week I contemplated removing it all together... But I painted my fender flairs orange.. And don't want to drive a white van with orange fender flairs. JMO

Yeah, I don't have my truck wrapped... but I have thought about it. Heh... as it is now, I don't advertise for cars but get calls for them all the time... go figure. I think people see tint and just a) assume it for cars and b) don't really look at the whole 'ad' - whatever it may be.

I do appreciate the suggestions though! Thanks!!

Guest My2wins

I'm a marketing exec in high tech, just here reading about tint to help in my decision process. New Hyundai Genesis and I'm trying to figure out the best options for a high quality tint.

Anyway, on the topic of marketing your business, one thing you may want to consider is to look for marketing forums (similar to your tint forum, but talking all about marketing best practices by people who do marketing for a living). Observing some of the digital or small business forums can help you to cross-pollinate your expertise and learn marketing. A few hours spent per week researching, and you'll have the basics in no time.

A few things to consider:

* new routes to market: can you develop partnerships or cross-referrals with adjacent businesses in your area (dealerships, detailers, auto brokers)? This can help you find more highly qualified buyers who are less likely to be time wasters like Joe Schmoe off the street.

* get Internet savvy. The most important thing you can do is build up a high volume of 5 star Yelp reviews. That's the first place most people look these days before deciding to choose a professional service, whether it be house painter or window tinter, or even a auto dealer.

You'll hear lots about Facebook, Pinterest, etc but they're not always going to get you customers unless you're super savvy at digital marketing, so it may not help too much to start there.

* if you have one thing to use yor small marketing budget on, buying ad search terms with Google is probably your best bet in finding new customers. It's not the only thing you can do, but its usually one of the most effective, given Google search has a huge percentage of those who are searching for something. Google has a lot of excellent self service tools to help new and small businesses.

* lots more to share but just wanted to put a few tidbits out there as quid pro quo.

Thanks for all the tint tips you guys share so transparently to the rest of us outside the biz. Its very helpful and fascinating to see your opinions and interactions, and I appreciate you taking the time to provide consult.

Guest PremierGlassKC

If you have no experience with web-design, no experience with online and offline marketing techniques, I would recommend finding someone that has these skills. A good web presence, along with smart SEO can help bring you business. Than it's up to you to provide killer customer service, because word of mouth advertising is still the most powerful tool you can have. Deliver and they will come.

Steve I know this is old but I can help you with facebook marketing that can get you to  targeted areas.   I have only been using facebook since August but go check out my page and see what I was able to do with it in less than a year.   J and J automotive Philadelphia

Archived