2013 avenger door panels

micro-edge

Im not a panel puller but I have to redo a couple windows on this turd tomorrow. Had a heck of a time with it first go around which is embarassing as it looks like it could be done blindfolded :spit Any tips on pulling the panel? I know on a chrysler 200 I got the top panel to pull back enough to pull bottom sweep but I couldn't get this one pop back for me mainly cause custy was waiting on it and a pita, felt like something was going to break.. Gotta get the bottom sweep out and put whole piece in at one time, really the only way!

Oh and don't knock me until you've tinted one of these little bastards with all the seals in :spit

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check for a cover behind the open handle usually a screw behind it. You also may have to pry the window switch cover up and find a screw there as well. Once you've removed the screws you'll need to pop the panel off. I use a plastic panel tool to stick behind the panel and pull back. I like the plastic tool because it won't scratch door. I haven't done one of those yet but most of the door panels are super easy to remove. Just be careful with not to scratch or gouge the plastic with your tool. It's easier than you think.

Yeah I'll figure it out..only one I could find close on youtube was a caliber and that guy pulled what looked like 10 hidden screws before panel popped. Just an FYI to all quoting this car, rolldowns are not as easy as they appear! Problem is the side seals, but if you pull them the front side runs way down the door frame and next to impossible to put back in without pulling the panel..If you can get the bottom seal out then you can feed the whole piece in at one time and leave the side seal in place..pita, hopefully I'll be able to get the panel to pull back enough where I can just pull the bottom sweep, but the panel felt locked pretty tight on top :mad

Its pretty similar to the 200. Pull the door handle cover off, torx behind it. the top should just pull back just like the 200`s do. The clips are those stiff bastards Chrysler uses, sounds like your tearing them to pieces but they`re ok.

Alright, redid front 2 windows today. Door panel actually comes off pretty easy just 3 screws. tough to get the first securing pin to pop but once you get one to pop you can pop the rest of the panel pretty easily then.

IMO this car is mandatory to pull the panels!!! Pull the bottom sweep, do not touch the side seals. pull whole liner and put the whole piece in at one time. I hate to pull panels but I may start doing it more often now :dunno

Alright, redid front 2 windows today. Door panel actually comes off pretty easy just 3 screws. tough to get the first securing pin to pop but once you get one to pop you can pop the rest of the panel pretty easily then.

IMO this car is mandatory to pull the panels!!! Pull the bottom sweep, do not touch the side seals. pull whole liner and put the whole piece in at one time. I hate to pull panels but I may start doing it more often now :dunno

I'm no expert, but I don't remember pulling panels on this car :dunno and I've got another one scheduled early next week...

I didnt pull anything the first time around and managed it but it sucks. Front windows had a couple hard card scratches from where I was fighting it thats why I had a redo. Side seals are the problem, if you pull them out you'll wish you hadnt though then most likely youll have to pull the panel to get it back anyway :lol

Archived