3M Dusted Crystal Replacement

u5u9yre3.jpgThis is a project we just completed, It totaled 17 pieces of glass that all had this logo / design. They originally wanted Dusted Crystal but because the liner is such a PITA to remove from the 3M material, I was concerned the letters would tear when we pulled it off. This is done in Correct Spec. It is a dead nuts equal to DC.....except the liner pulls right off, without stretching the film while doing so... Awesome!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thumb Looks good. Is it PET? We sell a Dusted Crystal match that is PET rather than vinyl... makes a huge difference on the install and even on removal. Cheaper too! :eyebrows

It is not PET, I have used a PET for stripes and I like it for that because you don't get the sag. The issue with the PET is that it can leave a "lifted edge" where the plotter cuts a logo. " like a outline around the cut" The real beauty of this is how easy the liner comes off. No stretching, no static. No BS

:thumb Looks good. Is it PET? We sell a Dusted Crystal match that is PET rather than vinyl... makes a huge difference on the install and even on removal. Cheaper too! :eyebrows

It is not PET, I have used a PET for stripes and I like it for that because you don't get the sag. The issue with the PET is that it can leave a "lifted edge" where the plotter cuts a logo. " like a outline around the cut" The real beauty of this is how easy the liner comes off. No stretching, no static. No BS

Sounds cool. What's you max width availability? I haven't had anyone complian about the lifted edge from plotter cutting... we sell quite a bit no stretch, no statitc, yeah you'll never go back to 3MDC. :thumb

IDK what the max width is to be honest. This was done with 60" stock and the band at the top was slit off the roll. So that went on first, all by itself then the plotted lower piece went on. Maybe I should not call it a lifted edge... It is more like a silhouette around the edge of the film with pet as a plotter or Olfa cuts it.

Archived