3M Dusted Crystal Replacement

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used the Solyx quite a bit. I like it but I really like how easy the liner releases off of this. It is a huge plus when you have to do a bigger piece of glass.

I have never had any issues removing the liner from 3M Dusted Crystal, big or small pieces.

I have used the Solyx quite a bit. I like it but I really like how easy the liner releases off of this. It is a huge plus when you have to do a bigger piece of glass.

I have never had any issues removing the liner from 3M Dusted Crystal, big or small pieces.

It is just easier, ....unless you have a piece of glass to use as a peel board, Imagine if you had to peel a 60x110 of DC, By the time you held it and some one pulled the liner, ..The top 6" would be so stretched and distorted...it is just a PITA. Never mind if there is something plotted in it....This is just a simple design flaw. The liner on this is just so much more user friendly....not to mention check book friendly

Tom does it tunnell or long fingers from liner releasing if pre cut and rolled up for a couple days ?

I can tell you the ones we did that were plotted were fine for 2 days. No issues at all. Also kept in a controlled temp office. In the pic,those lower pieces are 55x44....I peeled,sprayed and hung them solo. The only trimming was on the vertical edges where the joints were already closed. No film stretch at all.

It is just easier, ....unless you have a piece of glass to use as a peel board, Imagine if you had to peel a 60x110 of DC, By the time you held it and some one pulled the liner, ..The top 6" would be so stretched and distorted...it is just a PITA. Never mind if there is something plotted in it....This is just a simple design flaw. The liner on this is just so much more user friendly....

Sounds good. I requested a sample... I hate using normal white frost... the film tends to finger, and I'd rather use DC. (Of course, basic WF is easier to remove then DC....) But the downside wtth DC for me is the film stretching when removing the liner.

Like Mike I have generally not had issues with 3M Dusted Crystal. I have been installing it since '96.

The only exception was a few years ago. A couple of rolls came through with random spots about the size of a grain of rice that when removing the liner would pull and a hole in the film would result.

3M replaced any with the batch code right away. No issues since.

Like Mike I have generally not had issues with 3M Dusted Crystal. I have been installing it since '96.

The only exception was a few years ago. A couple of rolls came through with random spots about the size of a grain of rice that when removing the liner would pull and a hole in the film would result.

3M replaced any with the batch code right away. No issues since.

Again, my biggest complaint is removing the liner. Anyone who has tried to peel a large piece knows how bad it deforms the film where you hold it. This is not the case with the Correct Spec. If the old DC works for you great, I'm just sharing another option for those who may not be familiar with what is available today.

Ease of liner removal is a huge benefit, especially on wide and long pulls of film. The thing that you will start seeing is companies that enact policies against vinyl products because vinyl is on the environmental hazard lists in most green specs. That was the reason we steered over to PET because we could get PET films on the spproved products lists but not any of our vinyl products. Just a head's up... :beer

Archived