3M Dusted Crystal Replacement

We have done a pile of interior office sidelights where they want a 1" or 1 1/2" clear reveal around the edge. This is where I see the edges of the film leave a silhouette.it makes no difference what blade we use or how sharp it is. I have seen this happen with almost all PET films but not with vinyl. This is why I do not like to run PET through the plotter. Especially when there are fine details in the cut. The edges can be pushed down a bit after it totally dries, but that requires another trip... Which is just more work.

I am guessing you use some type of spacer too get a reveal and trim the film right after you install it............?

Do you have a new blade in your plotter and have you tried different depths on the blade..........?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, we have a bunch of different spacers. The plotter blades are all fine and we have all different angles. I will post pics of the spacers I use ifi get a chance. My 1" spacer has literally been used on tens of thousands L/F of cuts.

Yep, we have a bunch of different spacers. The plotter blades are all fine and we have all different angles. I will post pics of the spacers I use if I get a chance. My 1" spacer has literally been used on tens of thousands L/F of cuts.

Let me ask you this, have you noticed when you make a cut using your spacers and you start your cut at either corner and go as far as you can and then you finish the cut starting from the other corner meeting were you left off, at times one of the 2 cuts look just fine...........?

I already know what you use as spacers, I use the same and I can send you some pics on how mine are a little different and easier too use.

I have not noticed any difference in the cuts, I assume you are thinking about the angle of the blade when it cuts the film. Not always but often, I try to make one cut all the way down or across. With 1 or1.5 to work with at the corner, it is usually possible. When I get lazy and cut down and then tie in the cut from the bottom up.... The cut can sometimes "drift" then I just make more work for myself.

I'm all about making my job easier.. If you got a better mouse trap...I'm all eyes

I have not noticed any difference in the cuts, I assume you are thinking about the angle of the blade when it cuts the film. Not always but often, I try to make one cut all the way down or across. With 1 or1.5 to work with at the corner, it is usually possible. When I get lazy and cut down and then tie in the cut from the bottom up.... The cut can sometimes "drift" then I just make more work for myself.

I'm all about making my job easier.. If you got a better mouse trap...I'm all eyes

I am not about speed but rather perfection, however speed and perfection come with time, so you could say I am Very Fast.

I never make one cut from one end too the other, you must hold your blade farther away then I do from the glass.

I will send you a pic of what I use when I have time for a spacer, it will look a lot like what you use with a few changes, and NO posting pics of it or sharing with others.......... :tw

Archived