Renault Megane Scenic 2003

Tints'r'us

Ok, so I had one of these in today, and I must say it was a b*tch! For those that don't know, I am quite new to tinting. I've done many cars and my confidence has shot up and they've all been perfect, or near perfect installs.

The sides on the scenic were a piece of cake, however when it came to the rear, I just couldnt get around it!! I went through 7 tries until I got it done. And thats not even doing it properly, I had to splice/seam/split/two piece (whatever the hell you want to call it) it. And it looked perfect once it was done.

However, this brings me on to me on to my next quesiton.. I have never ever done the 2 piece method before today, so had to experiment. I'm not sure if the method was correct, but I figured it out and thought this is what will work, and it did. But please correct me if I missed something, or could've done it better.

So I cut the film in half along a defrost line and shrunk the bottom half (put a lock line along it etc etc), cane out perfect. I left about 2 inches at the top. The done the same for the top half, shrunk it well etc and left 2 inch at the bottom. I then installed the bottom half followed by the top. Here is hwere I got confused- I got along the middle of the the two halves overlapped. One strip came off and then there was another under the top half which had been installed. So I had to life the film and pull the excess out from under the installed film. After a bit more squeegeing and blue max'ing, it turned out fine.

I was using solar gar NR Smoke which is driving me up the wall and its so thin!

Guest nordfink

Smoke is a 1mil and hard to work with unless you like that super thin film, I crease it just giving it a funny look, haven't touched it since... :thumb

Sounds like you did pretty good on the 2 piece. Just remember when you install the 2 pieces to just make a light pass over the overlaping pieces. Then when you cut along the line on the inside, you can pull out the 2 excess pieces and then put your final passes on the lines that had an overlap. :cool

Archived