BMW 760 Li

Guest Litespeeds

Guest Litespeeds

Had one of these $125K+ cars to tint at BMW of S.F. last week. Boy was it a stressful day. I looked at the door panels and decided I didn't want to risk trying to take it off because it had built in electronic sliding screens. I ended up taping back all the felt trim around the windows and slid the film below the trim. The small quarter glass is very easy. The back glass is not too difficult but with the possiblities of electronics being damaged due to the soap solution running down the rear deck, I decided to squeegee most of the solution upwards and catch it on a rag as well as to the opposite side where there is no electronics. I actually stuffed a bunch of rags over the electronics in the trunk but when I was done, I couldn't even find a drop of water. I guess my mission was accomplished. Used 20% on the rear doors and back glass.

By the way, you are looking at 22" wheels on this car.

Edited by Litespeeds

Guest ninjatinter

Just did the 06 750li . What a car!! I used your tip about the towel packing, and worked like a champ. As far as the rear panels go, I got a lil secret for you! The crome and rubber seal pop right out with your bare hands and leave more room than a Dodge ram to tint!!! :lol The front panels were pretty easy too. I recommend yardin them out next time!!! Thanks for the heads up on the puters!! :gasp

Ninja

Guest ninjatinter

Basically, The back window is cake. Make sure that you do the towel pack like Lightspeed's recommends. How I did this was 1. pop trunk and unbolt computer(3- 8mm bolts) lay puter rapped in towels on a box( do not unplug) 2. Where you pulled the puter there is a black popper like a Benzo, yank it out. This will alow you to open up the puter #2 and radio/ navi gear hidden. All of this is on the driver side, as Lightspeed's said. 3. pack towels in there also.4. Tint like normal, sliding 3rd break light and use less water.

Quarter windows= no explanation necessary :beer

Rear doors- Roll down the windows and pull on the 2inch chrome molding, this will expose the door seal. Pull it out and throw on the pappas!!! CAKE!!!

Front doors- Hardest part of the car. Door panels are lil bit tricky. 1 two torx under arm rest(square covers) 2 one torx under abs tag . 3 one torx under door handle. 4 one tiny lil phillips screw under a lil easy to lose cover. 5 pop edges like normal every where but the top. 6 top comes out towards you like a typical bimmer. Just use caution with the lock nob, it can bend easily. At this point I very carefully pulled back the plastic trim at back edge of the door to expose and remove the seal. Fronts are much toighter than the rears and must be EXACTLY in line to get the panel back on, as it has the metal retaining clips.

Hope this helps fellas!! If you have any probs hit me with a pm or get my number from my website!!!!

Happy pappa slangin!!!!! Ninja :hide

Edited by ninjatinter

Guest naughtydog
Rear doors- Roll down the windows and pull on the 2inch chrome molding, this will expose the door seal. Pull it out and throw on the pappas!!! CAKE!!!

Thanks for that...

To clarufy...do you remove the chrome strip from the door panel to expose any screws as per 3 series BMW's or do you just pull back the top of the panel

Thanks

Naughty

Guest ninjatinter

You dont even need tools!!! You will see the crome plate I am talkin about. :beer It is just a big 2 inch wide clip on chrome cover with a easy yank out seal underneath! No screws..... no kiddin!! You won't even tuch the door panel!!

Edited by ninjatinter

Guest naughtydog

Did the job today - came out nice. I used some plastic trim tools to just ease the panel back and then hooked out the seal. Used little water for cleaning and strategically placed towels over the ecu.

Job came out well.

post-24-1136321811.jpg

Edited by naughtydog

Did a 2010 750 this morning...sticker was 100k. What I should have done was read the forum about this one first, because it kicked my ass. It took me about 3 hours to complete...which is rare, but it came out good. I had no idea about the chrome trim, didnt have my tape and only a side swiper for that back glass, totally unprepared.

Guest thatsnappyguy
You dont even need tools!!! You will see the crome plate I am talkin about. :shiz It is just a big 2 inch wide clip on chrome cover with a easy yank out seal underneath! No screws..... no kiddin!! You won't even tuch the door panel!!

is this the same with the lower end models?