Help my first trans am 99 back glass

Guest djchuck760

Guest djchuck760

I have no clue were to start on this car been tinting for 2 years but never ran into on of this what should I do and how to start? :blink:eye \

Thanks in advance

that back glass is not easy but is very easy too.... the film will lay very flat with laying it out wet. You will end up with a few fingers at the top and at the bottom you should have a big "bubble" on the dove tail part. It will be about 6 inches up and about 18 inches wide. Throw some heat at the big bubble working out from the center and let the film just move a bit from the heat. Take your hand and work that down after you have heated it up all around the bubble. The fingers at top are just normal shrink.

Once you get the film layed out flat and cut do a reverse roll and roll it out on the glass. The bottom of the window will likely not want to lay down and have to be slightly "stretched" onto the window....I use two blue max squeegees and work it down if it is fighting me....

I don't cut the defroster tabs until it is tacked to the window nicely so I don't have to line it up so perfect....

Guest djchuck760

Thanks man I am going to get it done this weeken this guy been pushing the date every time we are going to tint it its about to piss me off but ill let u know how it comes out

Archived