Formula One Pinnacle vs. Llumar CTX

Guest SanDiegoTeslaClub

So in all fairness...This crystalline is neat stuff, expensive, isnt that installer friendly and works pretty good. However LuLu/F1 "handles" better for the installers. Thats what really counts.

Try wet shrinking CR90 on that Tesla windshield and report back to us.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well considering Formula 1 and CTX are both manufactured by CP Films/ Solutia/ Eastman and our reps all tell us the Formula 1 is a step above the CTX, I would go with it. However, I have not personally used their formula1 but they have been pressing it on us pretty hard lately. I have installed a ton of CTX and love the product. Currently though, the CTX will not be available until late june early july as they are making some changes to it. This coming straight from our Solutia rep. So unless your installer has plenty on hand this is something to keep in mind and I encourage your installer to call and verify. We are getting a shipment of formula 1 to replace the CTX line for the time being.

:yeah Pretty much the message trickling out.

Eastman has taken the cotton out of their ears and put it in their mouths and should be perceived as very much interested in what the dealer network is saying about product so as to improve and surpass current quality and production standards. If you have read the main complaint about CTX here at TD then you can deduce where that product might be going next. I believe the original intent was to have their ATC, ATR and ATX/CTX products run close in color to better mix and match at install; that may no longer be the case given the major complaint about CTX.

Also, I think it is more along the lines of CTX15 will not be available, not necessarily all CTX vlt's and any orders for a 15 has PI15 as an alternative. Just be aware that the color of Pinnacle is not a good match along side CTX; it is more a black and the CTX run along a green/blue-smoke-charcoal color look.

Guest SanDiegoTeslaClub

Thanks to everyone. I appreciate all the suggestions.

We decided to go with Formula One Pinnacle. Surprisingly, a lot of people also want the panoramic roof tinted, even though it's very dark now.

I can't see it, but if that's what they want...

For those who want it, we'll also go with Air Blue 80 on the front windshield, unless anyone has better suggestion for the front windshield.

Guest SanDiegoTeslaClub

P.S. I do believe 3M Crystalline is better than either of these, but it's price point is more than most members want to pay.

You guys bought Teslas and are worried about price point on window tint? :blink

You're a little late in your snide comment. Check here: http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/topic/74224-need-tint-recommendation-for-our-teslas/#entry1133258

Archived