Formula One Pinnacle vs. Llumar CTX

Guest SanDiegoTeslaClub

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P.S. I do believe 3M Crystalline is better than either of these, but it's price point is more than most members want to pay.

You guys bought Teslas and are worried about price point on window tint? :blink

You're a little late in your snide comment. Check here: http://www.tintdude....s/#entry1133258

Snide comment? Saw the post, see the price on the cars, and wondered why the issue.

Guest SanDiegoTeslaClub

I'm getting it done on Friday. Not sure if I'll go 50 or 40 on back 9. But probably will go uniform on back 9, whatever shade.

Don't want to go too dark; don't want gangster look.

Definitely going with the AB80 on front windshield.

I'm getting it done on Friday. Not sure if I'll go 50 or 40 on back 9. But probably will go uniform on back 9, whatever shade.

Don't want to go too dark; don't want gangster look.

Definitely going with the AB80 on front windshield.

You will be very happy with your choice. Especially the windshield. If you've never had a windshield tinted, after this EVERY car you own you will want to do it. Most people don't take into consideration that the windshield is usually the largest window on the vehicle. Also that when driving into the sun you'll always get heat through there. You'll never get direct sun on your skin from the rear windows.

Guest SanDiegoTeslaClub

I went with Pinnacle 50 on the back 9 windows and Air Blue 80 on front windshield.

But another club member went with Pinnacle 35 and AB80.

I do notice a rainbow effect with AB80 when I wear my polarized sunglasses. But it just takes a little getting used to.

Guest TheNit

I've seen and been told by an installer that Pinnacle and CTX are basically the same. Someone posted earlier that the specs were similar but Pinnacle had a better warranty. I'm looking at a 50% ceramic which would mean the CTX 50 or Pinnacle 50. When I look at the 2 websites and the specs for these two, they are quite different and I'm wondering if it is a misprint. The VLT is similar on both (CTX-58,Pinn-54), the glare reduction is also close(CTX-36,Pinn-40) but the Total Solar Energy is way out (CTX-35,Pinn-49). Does anybody have another source of specs that disputes this?

I was looking at getting Air Blue 80 on the windshield and CTX 50 (which my installer uses, not Pinnacle) on the sides and back but CTX has worse Solar Energy Rejection than the Air Blue 80 (43). Does this make sense? Seeing that I'm only tinting for the heat reduction with minimal tint, I wll likely go all AB80 if these numbers are correct..

Archived