2013 5 Door Golf

TCM5

Hi All, just wondering what others are doing with the front quarters on the new Golf? I haven't had the chance to get one in and try pulling apart the front "A Pillar" cover to see if that helps. Cheers

Hi All, just wondering what others are doing with the front quarters on the new Golf? I haven't had the chance to get one in and try pulling apart the front "A Pillar" cover to see if that helps. Cheers

Check my post in general section about VW there are some tips there, but yeah its tough but do-able.

I for one do not miss doing Volkswagens for the dealer any longer . I have found that there is no one good volkswagon that is anywhere near as easy as Mazda, Kia, Toyota, etc. There's always SOMETHING that pizzes me off about a modern Volkswagen :lol

VWs are pretty good to tint these days, they just take a little practice but once you have them down they are quite easy really.

Most panels just pop at the top to take out the sweep, side gaskets look bad but are pretty easy to get the tint under cleanly, Touregs,Tiguans,Golfs there is no need to strip trim on the hatch, just fold the tint under.

ill do em if no one else wants them.

VW have never bothered me, I just head stories about the quarters not being tint able, airbags etc etc.

I finally had one in again today and time for me to play with it for a change... no problem at all :)

VWs are pretty good to tint these days, they just take a little practice but once you have them down they are quite easy really.

Most panels just pop at the top to take out the sweep, side gaskets look bad but are pretty easy to get the tint under cleanly, Touregs,Tiguans,Golfs there is no need to strip trim on the hatch, just fold the tint under.

ill do em if no one else wants them.

i pull the rear trims on all those , piss easy once u have done a few, 30 sec max . But I do a shipload of vw's.

Once I get the pattern cut and set in place I let it sit there and drain while I tint the door window. Then I take the blade of my swiper and slide it out a few inches to have reach and squeegability for the bottom part of the window. For the top part I use my fingertips to push out what's left up there and sometimes I'll shove an ezreach in there to touch things up but my rule with these is if they look close to decent I try to leave them be so I don't have to go through all that again. Charge accordingly 

IMG_1094.JPG

Archived