01 Buick Century rear glass

bman848

I tinted a 2001 Century this afternoon and the rear glass about kicked my ass. It did not appear to be too difficult when I looked at it and I assumed it would be a fairly easy 1 piece install but I was WRONG. I was dry shrinking it and when I tryed to lay down the H pattern it would not cooperate. All the funnels went side to side instead of up and down. Although I hated to do it, I had to piece it by cutting on the defroster.

My question is: Is there a secret to the rear glass on these cars that I do not know about?

Thanks

Easy 1 peice if you remember one thing about this back window, shrink the top half as normal, do not shrink the bottom half at all. It goes on by squeegeeing the bottom centre straight down and either reverse squeegee the bottom corners towards the bottom centre or force stretch the bottom corners by pulling the tint down and out towards the bottom corners. Hit it with a bit of heat afterwards to lock it on

Easy 1 peice if you remember one thing about this back window, shrink the top half as normal, do not shrink the bottom half at all. It goes on by squeegeeing the bottom centre straight down and either reverse squeegee the bottom corners towards the bottom centre or force stretch the bottom corners by pulling the tint down and out towards the bottom corners. Hit it with a bit of heat afterwards to lock it on

Sweet, Thanks!! I will try that if I get another one of these cars in the future.

I thought that I have done some of these cars before but I guess I was wrong, because I would have remembered the back window for sure. I know I have done Regals and 88's and there was nothing to them. Either way, the price on these just went up $25 bucks or so... :yep:D

Archived