2012 F150 question

Mr. Micro Edge

Pull the top of panel back so the lip on the seal is exposed. Use a hook tool at the edge and simply lift the seal out.

When finished lube it up and it slides back in.

This also works on the 2016 but it's much tighter because of the plastic cover at the center of panel.

post-37617-0-15937000-1452351549_thumb.p

Okay I am not bragging, I do about 250 ford vehicles a year. I have a real steady ford dealership. Anyway pulling the seals on the 2016 f150's is not a good idea the door wraps over the edge and its in two pieces. My recommendation is remove the triangle molding on the door. There is a bolt there, that should make the top of the door loose enough to pull the gasket out. If not in the grab handle there are two bolts. Under the Handle you will see a slot, use a plastic pry tool and slide it into the slot on an angle and pull the handle on the end closest to the hinge. It has a bunch of plastic clips and on the outer side it has a plastic piece that goes into the door.

I hope this helps.

Happy Tinting!

You can do it without any issues and it's simple. They're quick and easy to pull out in a similar fashion once you've got it down pat. Don't flex it much, don't squeeze it or the plastic lip will separate from the panel. But if you get it in the right direction, they're very simple, and it's not a bad idea at all. No removal of anything additional needed. Helps to lube up the top of the gasket after it's back it so the lip slides over the top easier, and make sure you line up the metal covered clip on the outside end of the door. You just can't reef on them like the previous style.

I also have done many of this through the years and agree with the majority. Pull back the top, hook tool out the one side by the latch to pull out the seal without any further removal. Simply put some slip on the inside of the gasket channel and will slide right back on and pop the door panel over top of it again. Never fails and is super quick. The 2015's, I preferre to remove 3 bolts before pulling the seal, no living of seal needed to put it back.

Archived