what is a typical hail damage repair cost??

this dealership near Cleveland Ohio had hail damage through out there lot... they are announcing five to eight thousand dollars off of vehicles, I was just curious to some experienced people what you have seen prices ranging for repair from not so much damage to alot of damage ???

thank you in advance

I am curious because I am interested in purchasing a car I by no means have any experience pulling dents

The one caution with a hail damaged vehicle, repaired or not, is that it might have gone through the Dealers Insurance Co.

If so, it could show up as having a major payout on the vehicle when you try to buy insurance for the car.

When my Wife bought her most recent new car, I got her a new undamged car, for less than what the dealers were offering damaged or damaged and reapired vehicles for. ( we had hailstorms earlier in the year (2012)

What could happen as well, time comes to trade it in, could show up as unknown damage on an insurance claim, which could affect the value of it.

Check with your insurance agent, see if thousands in hail damage having been repaired would have a bearing on the value of the car in the event of a total.

The big savings on buying a hail damaged car are eaten up with getting it fixed, if the place you take it to does not do it right, you are stuck with a lousy job.

Do you really want to buy a new car and immediatly put it in the shop to get hail repaired ?

Even if the undamaged car is a few $ more, I would spring for the unddamaged one.

Of course, I know how to work the Dealers having been around the car selling and buying game more than 35 yrs.

interesting, very true. well I might check them out just for S&G, apparently the dealership claims there PDR guy will fix them before the sale they just cannot sell one for the brand new sticker price since it is damaged..

its a shot in the dark

Guest dingking02

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Make an investment in your future and learn dent repair with The Ding King Paintless Dent Repair Training School. Our Dent Removal School has been teaching PDR and offering Dent Repair Training to body shops, used car dealers and entrepreneurs for the past 20 years. Our PDR Tool division manufactures the most innovative, highest quality Dent Tools in the world, which is why Snap-on partnered with Ding King to distribute Ding King PDR Tools on every Snap-on Truck for the past two decades.

I possess a 1979 Mercedes, the solid sheet metal kept it scratch free. I was stopped at a HEB when it happened, and a couple people came up to me a while later asking how the hellfire my auto was without imprint. 

Of course, I got a decent little scratch in my windshield, however nothing too horrendously harming.

Archived