500 L

Vwtinter

I tinted a 2014 Fiat 500 L. The back 1/4 windows are plastic. Ive never came across a plastic side window before. Becareful I scratch the window a little while cutting it out. Ill try and post a picture later

I would be careful installing on plastic, it out-gasses and film can bubble almost immediately. I have installed film on plexi-glass before at customers request, only to have it fail within 2 weeks. I would call the customer and advise that if tinted you take no responsibility as there is no way to remove the tint without damaging the plastic if it bubbles.

Not only is it plastic but it has no black border and has a rubber seal . So you have to cut it perfect . I outline the tint with a marker then hand cut it . ITs also pretty curved so if needs heat shrinking and when i ran a hard card over it it put light scratches in the plastic. Not an easy car to do . Cant see that plastic lasting too long with out get all scratched up .

Last year I was training a new hire on one of these fiats. After he cleaned the windows he moved on to cut out the quarter glass patterns. We had no clue they used plastic on these at the time and he scratched it up pretty bad. Luckily for us we do glass replacement as well so we just had to pay for materials, but it wasn't cheap.

Archived