Viper 5704v on a manual transmission

Guest mikklo

Guest mikklo

I have installed my new viper 5704 on my 96 mitsubishi eclipse and was really excited but am having a little difficulty. Everything seems to be working fine except remote start! Tach is connected but it does not want to be learned! Please help!

If you sit in the car, pushing in the clutch, will it remote start?

This.

Also did you check the neutral safety wire?

Also what are you using for the tach signal? Easiest is the non common wire at one of the injectors. Or just use virtual tach really these new units work fine without a hard tach.

Guest mikklo

no the remote start does not work.Since it is a manual transmission I put it in reservation mode and the remote start activates and then Im suppose to turn the key off abd the remote start should stay activated until I an out of the car but as Im turning the key off the remote start deactivates as well. Any suggestions?

Well NC.WLCH I believe I have to use the tach wire since it is a manual transmission because virtual tach is only for automatic transmission. The tach wire I am using is located in the ECU plug and it is a white wire and I suppossedly tested it and it is that wire.

That's not how remote start works. Sounds like you are trying to use turbo timer mode. Remote start is activated with NO key in the ignition, engine off. Turbo timer mode is activated with key on, engine running and usually requires the e-brake wire as well. For remote start to work on a manual transmission you will have to disable the clutch switch. Some alarms do have a manual transmission remote start feature but this will be a sequence you have to perform at every shut down before the next remote start. Just use regular auto mode, bypass the clutch switch (usually 2 wires, just butt them together) and remember to NEVER LEAVE IT IN GEAR!!

Guest mikklo

Allright Bizzar1 so let me get this straight if I bypass the clutch I can set it to automatic mode and remote start will turn on every time without having to put it in reservation mode? I believe my clutch is already bypassed because of the fact that I can turn it on without having to press the clutch, is this true or do I still have to do anything else?

If you can start the car with the key, in first gear, run over a baby, all without putting the clutch in, then the clutch is bypassed.

You can also usually use a zip tie to keep the clutch pedal switched to avoid cutting and splicing wires.

Remember the " run over a baby" part. It only has to happen once...

Archived