When you guys refer to classic black are you referring to HP classic charcoal? I don't see "classic black" listed on the EWF price list. Also is classic charcoal color stable and will it interfere with radio/GPS signals ECT. Currently using max pro CP pro plus...didn't know if HP classic charcoal 1.5 would be similar. Thanks

Does anyone know if Classic black and QDP handle the same, as in the thickness and the flexibility of the film?  I've use a lot of global hp and classic, but hardly used any QDP.  I like the classic black, but i don't care much for the thickness and handling of it, but if QDP handles better maybe I'll use it.

Hi Pjtintz,

Physical properties are as follows:

Global Quick Dry PLUS:

Type:  NR Dip Dyed Polyester

Ply - 2

Thickness - 1.5M

Color Stable - Yes

Express Classic Black:

Type:  NR Dip Dyed Polyester

Ply - 2

Thickness - 1.5M

Color Stable - Yes

Classic Black has been color matched for EWF to compete with the Carbon product from Sun-Tek.  The other difference is that the warranty on CB is backed by EWF whereas the warranty on QDP is backed by Global/Garware.  We have been in business for 32 years, they have been in business for close to 100 years,

Also - the Global product ships in that beautiful glossy black box.  It is perhaps the strongest, most beautiful (and most expensive) box in the industry.  Our new EWF blue boxes are very strong as well.  I weigh close to 180lbs and I an stand on it without crushing it.

I am here for you if you have any questions.  (800)FILM-NOW

Regards,

Howard

Guest eclipseTN

when i order the classic black, it says 1.2 mil on the websight, but the roll says 1.5.  i have kind of wondered the same thing.  also there is a listing for classic charcole and a classic black.   both say classic charcole when you choose the film %, and both offer different options for %.  just wondering what the difference was.  i have used the film for quite a few years and love it

when i order the classic black, it says 1.2 mil on the websight, but the roll says 1.5.  i have kind of wondered the same thing.  also there is a listing for classic charcole and a classic black.   both say classic charcole when you choose the film %, and both offer different options for %.  just wondering what the difference was.  i have used the film for quite a few years and love it

I think it's just the way it shows up on the site (1.2) the film is 1.5. I too use it and like everything about it. I buy a lot of QDP From Express Window Films, which is titled on their site as Classic Charcoal 1.2, But its a 1.5mil film.

Evening TTS and eclipseTN. On the website 1.2 and 1.5 do not have mil associated with it from what I gather. I believe 1.2 for Classic Charcoal and Classic Black is a series. Lifetime CS NR. The 1.5 would dictate Lifetime CS HP. So if Howard launched Classic Black in HP it would read Classic Black 1.5. Now I can be wrong. Howard or FBO please step in if I'm off here.

Classic Charcoal is QDP. Classic Black is unique to Express. Two different films with different VLTs.

Asides from a color difference, I find them to have very similar traits. Both great products backed by great service.

Hope you all are keeping warm and staying busy!