looking for a school for Auto Glass

Guest djchuck760

Guest djchuck760

i want to expand my business i want to add autio glass looking for some schools that are good need it asap need to start next month thanks

Guest gatorautoglass

You can get certified through national glass association at http://glass.org.  We always train our new installers and then after a while when they are ready they can become an certified auto glass technicians.  I don't know of any specific school but you can study for exam.  Go see what they require.  For more tips http://www.gatorautoglasscom.com or you can also try http://autoglasstips.blogspot.com/.   Hope you find this post helpful.  Good luck with your auto glass training and education goals.

Rob  

I believe the auto glass certification test is through the Auto Glass Safety Counsil (AGRSS) now. We use to send our guys to a hands on training courses through the NGA but I don't believe they have them anymore just online training. Much like tinting the basic principal of auto glass ( cut out w/s, glue in a new one) is easy but the actual process can be very difficult. We will have a helper ride with an installer for usually a year before we will let them be on there own. I would suggest bringing in someone that has been in the business for a few years and learn from them. I'm sure each area is different but we have a lot of hacks in our area that don't do it right and destroy the market just like the $99 tint guy. Just saying get good training and charge for your skill. Don't want to sound negative about the glass market but it has declined over the last few years because of cheap glass and uneducated installers.

Guest GlassDude

I believe the auto glass certification test is through the Auto Glass Safety Counsil (AGRSS) now. We use to send our guys to a hands on training courses through the NGA but I don't believe they have them anymore just online training. Much like tinting the basic principal of auto glass ( cut out w/s, glue in a new one) is easy but the actual process can be very difficult. We will have a helper ride with an installer for usually a year before we will let them be on there own. I would suggest bringing in someone that has been in the business for a few years and learn from them. I'm sure each area is different but we have a lot of hacks in our area that don't do it right and destroy the market just like the $99 tint guy. Just saying get good training and charge for your skill. Don't want to sound negative about the glass market but it has declined over the last few years because of cheap glass and uneducated installers.

I agree...the glass industry has gotten a bad rep because of companies hiring someone, training them for 3-6 months then turning them loose on customers' cars. We actually sub out and do replacements for tint shops, etc. and let them bill the customer for the work. We even do work for windshield repair only companies to replace windshields that crack out or are too large to be repaired. We either throw them a few bucks for the referral or we give them referrals in return.

Please!!! Sub out the work to a trained glass pro or hire one to work for you and/or train you. For the sake of your reputation as well as that of the auto glass industry.

For those interested in auto glass installation training may I suggest Auto Glass University.   Take a look at www.autoglassuniversity.org.  It is the only online or hands-on auto glass school that is a Auto Glass Safety Council Registered Program, recognized by most insurance companies and teaches to the AGSC Certification test.

Call 800-695-5418 for class schedules and cost info.

DO NOT learn by sink or swim method.  Learn by professionals with actual installation and management experience.

Archived