My new Prius c4

Guest -y0-

So the first tint shop failed and left gaps on the windows. Went to another recommended shop that told me they wouldn't leave gaps. I leave my car, get back to see gaps even worse than the previous shop. Had them take off the tint because they said its impossible not to have gaps. The next day, I decided to clean all the windows to see adhesive left on almost all of them. I get to the rear window and look under the spoiler to see a scratch running across it underneath. Now I'm furious at the tint shop and left them a message which I doubt would do anything. I'm so frustrated since the car is less than a month old!

I posted pics under the consumer question section. Haven't taken one of the scratch yet. I did however notice many spots on the rubber molding around the quarter windows are scratched or sliced with a razor.

I chose the places by reading reviews and a recommendation by a dealer. I believe I found a place I'm gonna try in Seattle called Emerald city tint. Talked to a installer named Tim that seemed to know a lot about doing the prius c.

That is one of the few cars the Llumar precision cut actually makes VERY nice cuts for. I'm guessing the gaps the op is referring to is the front and rear quarter glass (port) windows. That front one IS tricky but can be done gapless. There should be no excuse at all on the doors. We plot the rear hatch for ease and no cutting on the cheap soft prius glass.

Guest filbertr6

OP I have to say that your in an awkward position. I must say with honesty that 98% come to us first, and 99.9% of them come in happy and leave happy, but setting them aside, and dealing with the other 2%

Of the other 2% They come to our shop with a horror story of the last shop, and tell us how they heard great things about us, but for some reason, they went to the "other guys". Now of this group of customers, I would say that we only have maybe 90% odds of pleasing them. In 15 years I havn't really been able to put my finger on why this is, I'm not blaming you "the customer", I'm just saying that even though 90% I guess could be considered not satisfactory, but not bad, its not that great. But the thing is, we treat these customers and their vehicles with the same level of expertese, and professionalism as the other 98% of custy's. I suspect that sometimes the first shop may have left behind things like scratches in the paint, or other damages that the customer doesn't notice until after were done with their vehicle... I think that the first shops work, and the customers time to recollect in the days that pass until the next shops visit, may condition the soured customer into an post job inspection n@zi. Maybe both shops did do a terrible job on your car, "I dont know". But my experience tells me that as a consumer, you are much picky'er after your first bad experience, whether you realize it or not. With that said, I'm going to look for the pics you posted, and see what the work looks like!

And I dont mean to take a shot at you or anything, but you did post this in the shop owners section, so I am replying from a shop owners point of view, in the behind the scenes way only shop owners would discuss this scenario with one another!

Archived