2013 XJL rear deck?

NvrLate

I had a 2013 XJ-L last week which was impossible to get the headrests out and also could not get the seatback out for nothing. The brake light was so tight to the glass that water wouldn't even pass it, unless pushing down on it, in which it maybe moved an 1/8". Ended up cutting around that one. No light gaps but hate having the short-cut look on the outside. If any one knows how to get the seat back out of it so the deck can come out please reply. There's bound to be another one pulling in one day.

This car didnt have a fold down seat appearance like the XF in my other recent post, which also didnt fold down without manually tripping the hidden latches. I successfully got that one out but this one was a no-go. Got as far as getting the seat bottom out (easy) and removed all bolts at the bottom of the seat back, but the top portion wouldn't budge with 2 of us with nearly 40 years combined experience (but not too many Jags) searching for whatever was still keeping the thing together. Anyone else done this car?

One warning-if you plan on removing the sweeps and bottom dropping the film in, which is pretty much necessary because of the tight sides-the bottom sweep is one piece built into the side channels.You will have to cut the sweeps out. This is a time consuming car if you plan on making it look really good. :trustme

Edited by NvrLate

I tell them a grand. Easy car to tint if you don't have one come in, hahahaa. But yeah, you names all of the reasons I don't care to do it.There is a write up on removing the rear deck in the Jag section, just look for it. The doors, no idea, I'm not a fan of cutting stuff, but that isn't the worst idea.

I had a 2013 XJ-L last week which was impossible to get the headrests out and also could not get the seatback out for nothing. The brake light was so tight to the glass that water wouldn't even pass it, unless pushing down on it, in which it maybe moved an 1/8". Ended up cutting around that one. No light gaps but hate having the short-cut look on the outside. If any one knows how to get the seat back out of it so the deck can come out please reply. There's bound to be another one pulling in one day.

This car didnt have a fold down seat appearance like the XF in my other recent post, which also didnt fold down without manually tripping the hidden latches. I successfully got that one out but this one was a no-go. Got as far as getting the seat bottom out (easy) and removed all bolts at the bottom of the seat back, but the top portion wouldn't budge with 2 of us with nearly 40 years combined experience (but not too many Jags) searching for whatever was still keeping the thing together. Anyone else done this car?

One warning-if you plan on removing the sweeps and bottom dropping the film in, which is pretty much necessary because of the tight sides-the bottom sweep is one piece built into the side channels.You will have to cut the sweeps out. This is a time consuming car if you plan on making it look really good. :trustme

Hi i just did one of these yesterday. Did you manage to get the bottom part of the seat out? now for the back part of the seat (you will kick yourself) all you have to do is pull the 2 straps you see when you take the seat bottom off and the back part of the seat folds down - you can then lift it up and take it out. It really is that easy. The Jag i worked on had a cream interior and the straps were cream too I imagine that the straps are coloured according to the colour of the interior. If you have any more questions feel free to ask - i didn't go into too much detail as you have worked with Jags before.

I couldn't find any info on this car either but decided to take the job anyway

Hope this helps you. :D

Thanks AZ1 you're right I'm kicking myself! Yeah i had the lower cushion out, that was pretty easy even considering all the HVAC hooked to it. I'm trying to remember the straps, don't specifically remember them but it does seem to ring a bell. Whoever gets the next one will know what to look for! Thanks again????

Guest 360TINT

rear-deck-removal.jpg

It is time consuming but definitely a must for me to get peace of mind the back window looks perfect. I also prefer to take the rear deck out so the interior paneling does not get wet and neither does the speakers. Like AZ1 said there are two straps to pull to release the seat back retaining clips. Pull on those while pulling the towards the front of the car to get the seat back to fold down and then the seat back will pull up and out.