2012 or 13 Forte sedan

NvrLate

Ok so it's the easiest car on the planet to tint, and this will seem trivial but I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this, or maybe its something to watch for.

I had one that the right rear (manual crank) window when rolled completely up showed the top cut of the film along the downward slope because the glass only went up flush to the rubber instead of 1/4-3/8" into it like the other side (which still ain't much). I could easily put my Popsicle stick between the glass and the rubber.

I told the custy to ask the dealer to look at it, only for the sake of air or water leakage, and they got smart with her and said the tinter should have tinted closer to the edge. She quickly called BS on them since the one side was clearly different than the other side, so then they said the windows were out of warranty (the car had 24k miles!!) and she left mad.

After hearing this she told me about the conversation and I said it should be minimum 3/36 and possibly 5/50, so she should call Kia about it. Tinted or not, the glass definitely isn't seating into the rubber properly.

So I'm just wondering, had anyone else come across this?

All the time. I like to bump the windows down and back up to see if they are doing just that, then mark the edges with a dry erase pen on the outside so I can tell where the film needs to be during installation to get full coverage when the window is rolled up.

Thanks TD..this is about the only car Ive run into it on but I'll be watching for it from now on, especially on these heaps. The dry erase is a great idea for shifting roll ups too :thumb

:thumb

usually one side will erase itself when you roll down, so just use the remaining mark.

Archived