Death of Plasti Dip.

Guest filbertr6

Guest filbertr6

Plasti Dip is great, people love it, but I really feel its going to die hard, just like under car lighting. I remember 10 years ago, every civic on the road had under lighting, now I'm not even sure I seen a single car this summer with under lighting, just a few motorcycles! I'm not knocking the product, but I think it will be a short lived thing. I'm thinking of using it to protect my chrome clad rims on my Ram this winter, but I really don't think I would spray it any where else on my new truck, as I feel it takes away from the fine job new car manufacturers are doing these days! Vinyl wraps have my approval for being around for the long haul, but I just don't see Plasti Dip lasting long in the auto industry for much more than cleaning up emblems on old ricers... I think its a trend that will last about as long as ShOcKeRpost-29691-0-21730800-1380946229_thumb.j stickers did a few years back, lol. Just throwing it out there, what does everyone else think?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DraykeFields

Hi, I've only ever known people to use this stuff in small controlled applications. We get a lot of Audis in our workshop and they use the stuff to dechrome for instance. I dunno how it's used over in the States but people over here use it because it's convenient and a DIY activity. What else is available that does this?

I agree completely. For small stuff emblems an such it's ok. I thought it was going to be cool at first but after using a bit it's not very nice. Just imagine what you would think of a car with dip on it at sema around cars that are top notch. You would laugh.

Guest filbertr6

Hi, I've only ever known people to use this stuff in small controlled applications. We get a lot of Audis in our workshop and they use the stuff to dechrome for instance. I dunno how it's used over in the States but people over here use it because it's convenient and a DIY activity. What else is available that does this?

Agreed, there really is nothing else available for easy DIY!

I agree completely. For small stuff emblems an such it's ok. I thought it was going to be cool at first but after using a bit it's not very nice. Just imagine what you would think of a car with dip on it at sema around cars that are top notch. You would laugh.

This is exactly how I feel, with that said, I will say that even though I'm obviously not a huge fan of plastidip, I will say its much better then two sided tape hood vents, roof scoops, and such!

<iframe scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="464" height="290" frameborder="0" src="http://www.break.com/embed/2524990" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Neat. I wonder about the legality?

I don't get it, what is the purpose ? Also, nice vertical splice in the rear quarter glass...wtf

Guest filbertr6

<iframe scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="464" height="290" frameborder="0" src="http://www.break.com/embed/2524990" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Neat. I wonder about the legality?

I don't get it, what is the purpose ? Also, nice vertical splice in the rear quarter glass...wtf

I think the splice is a crease in the film, looks like there is another one on the top edge of the quarter window. I know one thing, I would much rather have that paint job then a DIPPED one!

Archived