2014 Mazda 3 sedan

TintWizard

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thx Tikka...

I've got a few coming in once delivery starts happening in this country.

How was the hatch rear to do?

The previous model was a bit of a bitch.

Devil

easy you can cut and shrink no problem, they only have a little spoiler that doesn't over hang the glass.the inside moulds remove pritty much identical to the old model.there selling heaps up here I did 4 sedans and 2 hatches last week.also window patterns are the same for both.

Full door trim removal advised or not?

front doors remove the screw behind the handle pop the clip at the top corner of the trim closest to you, lift the trim back and slide out the gasket. Rear door take out screw behind the handle then lift the trim back at the top just enough so it sits back to get the film in don't pull it all the way over.

So I've done enough of these cars now to make an interesting observation . On the drivers window only , there is more often than not, a strange white substance near the mirror side of the window that must be scraped and scoured quite a bit before tinting. I've never come across anything quite like that in a brand new car, but its rather annoying and its on quite a few of them. Only that one window though . Detailers won't most likely notice it , only fussy tinters in well lit shops that do the front doors on these. Anyone else ?

Just bumping this post. I'm shocked no one else has come across this annoying substance only on the drivers window near the mirror. I go through about 3 blades on this one section of window . Took a pic of this stuff just so you see I'm not crazy :lol

It's hard to see initially till its starts clumping together after scraping it

eda4ynu6.jpg

Still can't believe no one else has commented on this. It royally suckks.

I had to dry scrape, ammonia , chemical bomb the last 2 I did (drivers door window only) to get it off.

So I've done enough of these cars now to make an interesting observation . On the drivers window only , there is more often than not, a strange white substance near the mirror side of the window that must be scraped and scoured quite a bit before tinting. I've never come across anything quite like that in a brand new car, but its rather annoying and its on quite a few of them. Only that one window though . Detailers won't most likely notice it , only fussy tinters in well lit shops that do the front doors on these. Anyone else ?

Just bumping this post. I'm shocked no one else has come across this annoying substance only on the drivers window near the mirror. I go through about 3 blades on this one section of window . Took a pic of this stuff just so you see I'm not crazy :lol

It's hard to see initially till its starts clumping together after scraping it

eda4ynu6.jpg

Still can't believe no one else has commented on this. It royally suckks.

I had to dry scrape, ammonia , chemical bomb the last 2 I did (drivers door window only) to get it off.

Sounds like it might be something your dealer only is doing with them TW. Maybe some sort of sticker that they are not removing the adhesive from during pre delivery.

I haven't come across it either.

Archived