2014 Mazda 3 sedan

TintWizard

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:dunno Dunno then mate.

I used to work for a local Toyota dealer years ago, as the cars arrived in the country, they all were sent to a large pre delivery company located near the wharves and from there trucked to the different parts of the country.

They would have to clean off all the check stickers from the factory as part of the PD, but they would always miss taking of the adhesive from one on the inside of the driver rear winder for some reason...it looked just like your pics.

Have you tried asking your dealer about it?

I haven't seen that stuff and I'm doing a bunch of them now... strange. I did one the other day that was driven right from the depot in the GTA... none of that. Weird man..

Next time you get one , take a dry blade to the mirror area in the front passenger, if its an issue, watch as all this white stuff flakes off . I'm still seeing this more often than not and have done many more since my last posting in this

I haven't seen that stuff and I'm doing a bunch of them now... strange. I did one the other day that was driven right from the depot in the GTA... none of that. Weird man..

Next time you get one , take a dry blade to the mirror area in the front passenger, if its an issue, watch as all this white stuff flakes off . I'm still seeing this more often than not and have done many more since my last posting in this

I'm assuming you mean on the inside? I've never had one with anything on the inside yet... I've had some strangely filthy back windows on the inside but that's it.

On a side note, you actually crossed my mind a few hours ago. I got a weird call from a customer who was getting quotes, had a car done I think by you in 2009... Anyway, I must have misheard him because it sounded like he got things mixed up with who did what and what not. I'll PM you about it, just was odd.

Full door trim removal advised or not?

front doors remove the screw behind the handle pop the clip at the top corner of the trim closest to you, lift the trim back and slide out the gasket. Rear door take out screw behind the handle then lift the trim back at the top just enough so it sits back to get the film in don't pull it all the way over.

G'day Tikka,

I did the hatch yesterday,

Front door....I took the screw out of the handle and popped the front white plug under the door trim near the mirror but I couldn't get the darn weatherstrip to come out of the door.

Well at least not without a real nasty bit of force and it sure bent and wasn't going anywhere.

So I removed the other screw and took off the whole door trim and then slid the strip sideways out.

Rear..... did the same.

The 1/4's...yes!

One was extremely tight to the point it was impossible to get the film right up neat into the top rear corner.

The other side of the car was a lot better.....horrible bits of work.

Why they couldn't have designed this glass with a nice dot matrix border is beyond comprehension?

Rear screen..... a lot better that the superceded model.

Use the top demister line as your template guide line.

Devil

Full door trim removal advised or not?

front doors remove the screw behind the handle pop the clip at the top corner of the trim closest to you, lift the trim back and slide out the gasket. Rear door take out screw behind the handle then lift the trim back at the top just enough so it sits back to get the film in don't pull it all the way over.

G'day Tikka,

I did the hatch yesterday,

Front door....I took the screw out of the handle and popped the front white plug under the door trim near the mirror but I couldn't get the darn weatherstrip to come out of the door.

Well at least not without a real nasty bit of force and it sure bent and wasn't going anywhere.

So I removed the other screw and took off the whole door trim and then slid the strip sideways out.

Rear..... did the same.

The 1/4's...yes!

One was extremely tight to the point it was impossible to get the film right up neat into the top rear corner.

The other side of the car was a lot better.....horrible bits of work.

Why they couldn't have designed this glass with a nice dot matrix border is beyond comprehension?

Rear screen..... a lot better that the superceded model.

Use the top demister line as your template guide line.

Devil

I'll pm you some pics i do 5 of these a week

all 4 bottom seals come out without panel removal. Just takes the right tools and order and no white clips will break . 1 screw per door to remove

Archived