How to test detailer ?

Guest binghanem

Guest binghanem

I'm planning to add auto detailing to my shop and meeting someone on friday for an interview.

I'm not really a detailer, but I have a good idea about these stuff, and I would like to test the guy. I have flex machine, and about the full kit of Adam's polishes. any tips how to test him?, he says he got 10 yrs experience in this business.

I'm planning to let him do a section on my car to see how he handles the machine, clay, wax...etc

i dont know how many guys i worked with that made claims and then just crapped out within a month. i think its more about the attention to detail. like did the door jams get cleaned well, did the trash between the seats get blown out, are the vanity mirrors on the sun visors cleaned? little stuff thats often never checked, but some people will and if its not. they beat you up on the simplest crap getting missed.

maybe you can have him detail youre car to see his skill level, but it really comes down to consistancy day in and day out. to test polishing skill you need a dark colored car to test his skill. after hes done polishing the car. eyeball it for swirling or excessive hologramming.  i have a few guys that bring in all their cars every month because they know what they will get. keep the guy on call if you like him, so if it doesnt work out you can fade him out till he gets the hint.

Archived