Hard card scratching tint

Guest TBSTINT

Guest TBSTINT

Hey guys,

Long time viewer but this is my first post so hello to everyone!  I have been having troubles with my hard cards scratching film even after using the sharpener or giving the edge a light sand with 2000 grit sand paper.  I know a lot of you rec. using paper towel or some sort of cloth but are there any other options to keep the hard card fresh?  Im not even sure  how the cards get these "burrs" on them since they are only used on flat surfaces but maybe they pick up dirt here and there.  Thanks for your time..Tint On!!!

-Jon 'TBS Tint'

If your sanding them and its still happening, I'll ask if you wrap them in a paper towel as well or direct hard card contact ? Also how's the SR coating on your film of choice ?

Guest TBSTINT

I havent really had the luxury to try many different types of film so Im not sure how the SR is compared to others.. It would be interesting to see if that is the culprit.  I will use a paper towel for now!

One thing I do to take out nicks and make it nice and smooth, use a window film box or any clean cardboard and move the card back and forth slowly and tilt it back and forth as doing so and using slight pressure till smooth.

53f5ce81-250e-440a-920c-9bfbf2a67696.jpg

What card are you using? For a hard card and point card I use a pink (cut in half), gold on the outside for shrinking (or a soft card) and the whites I never use. Never liked em. Years ago I was trained to use whites but they scratch too easy. Then it was blacks...same thing. I have found the pinks to work the best and sand baby butt smooth.