Hard card scratching tint

Guest TBSTINT

Shrinking I'm a glove guy. The only card I ever use without a towel is the soft orange rib card. Flat white card is my favorite when they will bend without breaking ... using as a pair....Pulling back gaskets using one to pull back on bottom gasket and the other wrapped in a towel to set problem fingers or pull back gasket with one and tuck film with the other . :twocents

Guest thatsnappyguy

I dont think the film is your issue, but it is possible. There are some really cheap films out there that allows the SR coat to flake off when applying....I like Mikes idea, but I usually use the carpeted floorboard of the car. I make it a point to wipe the edge of my card (platinum ez reach)  b4 touching the glass, every time. This is a very important thing to do. 

They make a Felt sleeve that you can slide your card in to keep it from scratching, but if you are finding that you are scratching just about every window that you are doing then I would think that it is the film itself.  What film are you currently using?

My first guess is the film scratch coat is not great. 

Sand paper supposedly leaves grit on the card too..

One trick that has made TOTW here was to put a piece of masking tape on the edge of the card.  Just change it out every now and again....

Dear all,

Good day,regards the "burrs",we think there must be sand or some other sharpen things on the squeegee or the film.So before use your tools ,pls make sure they are all clear,and then when used over your tools,please use cotton towel to clear all your used tools.

Not by using sand towel.

Thanks& Best Regards,

jackie

jackie-gai@live.cn

Use the blue cards with ribs cut in half like triangle shape softer card...keep sanded with 1000 grit then rinse with water...cleaning cracks of windows to get dirt out good helps with scratching and wipe card before every swipe with paper towel...

I run the blue 3m hardcard across the grain of my pants or shorts to smooth the edge for a quick fix and buy a box of 25 and replace them when necc or they leave water or scratch

I have tried the card sharpener=not good as a new card or even close for tint and sanding them or cardboard is not very good either when you have new ones

They take a beating in the edges of the door seals

The gold 3m hold up to heat gun better for shrinking